Thread: Help riding legs.

Default Help riding legs.

I'm a 5'8 119. I'm pretty strong for my size, but around where I live, the kids in my weight class are usually like 5'3 and jacked. I won my first 2 matches in regionals, but then got knocked out in the 2nd 2 matches by kids stronger than me. I know the basics of leg riding, (put the foot around the calf, super mans, power halves, the guillotine and crab rides.) I'd like to know more though, and get some advice as to what moves would be good, and simple to pull off. I'm going to a leg riding camp at Brandon High School this summer, as well as a technique camp in penn. I'm a sophomore, I plan on cutting back down to 119 next year.

Default Re: Help riding legs.

My favorite move from a leg ride is just going into a crossface and getting back points. Also can go to a claw 1 on 1 tilt - my other favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Laynerz View Post
    My favorite move from a leg ride is just going into a crossface and getting back points. Also can go to a claw 1 on 1 tilt - my other favorite.
    You can also use a reverse crossface:

- Put your near elbow in your opponent?s far ear, and reach in front for his inside triceps. Grab it with your thumb pointing down.
    - Reach across his chest with your far arm, and grab the same triceps from the inside, also with your thumb down.
    - Pull his near arm across his chest with both your arms.
    - Drop to your hip for a guillotine-like pinning position. Do not allow any space between his hip and yours.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Thanks, I get basically what you mean, a video really would help though, gonna try it in practice tomorrow.

I usually tend to go for a superman, guilotine, powerhalf, or legturk/backbow. Classic. :P

I think thats what Spider means with a reverse crossface, thats how I do it at least