Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qualifications to be a college wrestler

Default Re: Qualifications to be a college wrestler

Im pretty sure you'll be fine Claw.

I'm pretty sure DI does have an age limit when the clock does start ticking regardless of enrollment, off hand I don't know what it is. You will no longer see stories of the 40 something guy coming back to play football/basketball or wrestle at that level (although the NCAA will always have their waiver and exception policies). DII currently allows you to compete during your first 10 semester of school, no matter how much time before or in between, but they are closing down that loophole. I don't think the heads of DIII care.

Not sure where you are thinking about going, but Ohio State could use you at pretty much any weight or age. They also don't really care about eligibility issues. Just don't ask for a tattoo.
    Last edited by quinn14; 04-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but a simple question. I am taking two online classes. Will this ruin my eligibility? I am just trying to wrestle at a community college when I get out of the air force. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Not sure where you are thinking about going, but Ohio State could use you at pretty much any weight or age. They also don't really care about eligibility issues. Just don't ask for a tattoo.
    Back in Iowa, my home.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    The is NO age limit. Just eligibility. Once you start college you have 4 years plus a Redshirt year to finish competing.
    Really . ? I thought that you just had 5 years period . Even if you took a yr off . Seriously you only get your first 5 years in college to compete . ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'm pretty sure DI does have an age limit when the clock does start ticking regardless of enrollment, off hand I don't know what it is. You will no longer see stories of the 40 something guy coming back to play football/basketball or wrestle at that level (although the NCAA will always have their waiver and exception policies). DII currently allows you to compete during your first 10 semester of school, no matter how much time before or in between, but they are closing down that loophole. I don't think the heads of DIII care.
    While I was watching the Ok St. v. Texas A&M game this weekend, I am pretty sure they said the QB for Tx was 28 years old. Great game for me because when Ok.St. came back from 20 points behind in the 1st half, the announcer said "These guys are playing like Jordan Oliver, their National Wrestling Champ. Little J.O. they call him. Tough as nails!" Couldn't believe I heard that on a CBS telecast! Didn't catch the announcers name though.