Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 157 pounds

Default Re: NCAA 157 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    He almost beat Bubba last year and DT is not even close to the same guy he was last year.
    To me, that match looked a lot like a teammate who was letting his lesser-skilled teammate get some experience in. Of course, with Bubba's flakyness, it's hard to tell if he was attempting to be a good teammate or if he just didn't feel like trying...

Regardless, I think DT beats him comfortably now.
    Am I cool now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I guess we need to call the NCAA and tell them not to hold the tourny this year. No need to wrestle just use the last rankings and hand out awards. I could care less who beat who last year or this year for that matter. If I were to use your logic Long has no shot a beating Ramos ever again! Just stupid!
    Why are you getting emotional?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I just can't wrap my mind around Jesse Dong beating DT either.
    Thorn pinned Marion last year only to give up the major to him the next time they wrestled, then Thorn majored Marion the third time. So, past results are not always a good indicator of future results.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Thorn pinned Marion last year only to give up the major to him the next time they wrestled, then Thorn majored Marion the third time. So, past results are not always a good indicator of future results.
    Yes. If anything, we should expect the outcome to be the opposite in the next meeting anytime a beatdown occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Why are you getting emotional?
    Not emotional. Just think your an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Yes. If anything, we should expect the outcome to be the opposite in the next meeting anytime a beatdown occurs.
    Not so sure I ever said that Gold. I'm just saying that past results isnt always an indication of what will happen in the future. If it was they wouldnt wrestle the second match.

BTW, I think DT will beat Dong the next time. Just speaking generally above.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Not so sure I ever said that Gold. I'm just saying that past results isnt always an indication of what will happen in the future. If it was they wouldnt wrestle the second match.
    I know. I was just giving you a hard time.

Who the heck would Taylor have in the Semi's that you think he'd lose to??
    There's a pretty decent chance that Adam Hall will get the #1 seed because the All-Star exhibition does not count toward seeding. Hall will probably finish the season undefeated and he's the highest returning placer, beating Fittery in the consolation semifinals. So, if that happens then Taylor could lose to Fittery in the semis. It would be unfortunate in my opinion since they have been the most impressive wrestlers at 157 by far this season, but you have to seed consistently and objectively.

I'm vacillating back and forth between picking Fittery or Taylor to win the title, and I'm sure I won't decide until after seeing them at conferences, though neither one will be challenged on their current trajectory.