Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iowa v. Penn State Thoughts (125-174)

Default Re: Iowa v. Penn State Thoughts (125-174)

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Ramos v Long kind of reminded me of Oliver v Dennis last year where everyone was saying that Oliver was backing up. Its only stalling if the ref calls it and if you do enough to not get dinged, wrestle a smart, tactical match and then take advantage of an opportunity within the match to win it against a returning national finalist, you've wrestled a pretty damn smart match in my book.
    Oliver got hit for stalling twice and repeatedly went out of bounds. In a PbP I found online, there were 5 OB restarts expressly stated just in the first period. In the Ramos match, he was in repeatedly and constantly circling to the center of the mat, something Lee Kemp (a notorious Hawkeye homer, I'm sure) commented on more than once.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Ramos v Long kind of reminded me of Oliver v Dennis last year where everyone was saying that Oliver was backing up. Its only stalling if the ref calls it and if you do enough to not get dinged, wrestle a smart, tactical match and then take advantage of an opportunity within the match to win it against a returning national finalist, you've wrestled a pretty damn smart match in my book.

Wish I could agree with this but there is nothing similar between Ramos' win against Long and Olivers win against Dennis. Oliver backed out of the circle about ten times in that match, sometimes going straight back from the whistle. He should've been called for stalling a few more times in that match. He did keep it close but that is where the similarities end. Ramos never backed out of the circle. He didnt take many shots but he capitalized on just about every single one of them. Ramos was much more offensive than Oliver.

Disclaimer: This is no reflection of Oliver THIS season. He's an animal and will only lose to my fantasy star Hochstrasser in the finals at NCAA's, assuming Hoch is eligible.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I missed that guy. I really did.
    Am I cool now?

I never once thought that Ramos was stalling, and I was rooting for Long. Ramos was slicker and smarter.

I called this like I saw it. I called out both sides. No homer glasses for me. no sour grapes. Iowa beat PSU's asses. period. However, you iowa fans didn't see a single thing wrong with the way your guys wrestled. So, Chop...maybe you should take off your yella glasses.

DSJ wrestled DT and there were some great scrambles. DT is a superior top rider and DSJ repeatedly tried to base up and just couldn't do anything. I give credit where credit is due.

When nobody else seems to think that Ramos was stalling but you, that's called seeing things through homer glases.

BTW, I think Chop and almost all Hawk fans said some very nice things about David Taylor. He pretty much dominated St. John.

When did we all get so lazy and start typing initials in for peoples names? I think it's dumb.

MM would never beat MM because he is too small. MB moved up to wrestle in the spot where his brother MB usually wrestles. FM couldnt get the MD on MB, but DT got it on DSJ. TR is a complete stud and beat a returning finalist in AL. JB has a nice double leg and even took down AH with it. DG is the best coach in the history of coaching and is teaching TNT B's how to do it just like he did. CS has alot to learn yet. BD knew CS would eventually leave so he didnt let his coaching secrets out of his FP. KJ's main focus is beating IA but TB won't let it happen. YW and EV are trying their hardest but TNT are very good. I think RK should focus more on his team than on IA's schedule. I once watched LM and JS work out in the sauna while DG was giving them encouragement. It was awesome. PALTA.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    When did we all get so lazy and start typing initials in for peoples names? I think it's dumb.
    So what do we do with JP O'Connor or TJ Jaworski?

Nobody cares, H#1.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.