Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iowa v. Penn State Thoughts (125-174)

Default Re: Iowa v. Penn State Thoughts (125-174)

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Sometimes I think Cael thinks about it too much. I don't think the strategy was wear the guy down and then take advantage late in the match.
    I agree. Iowa's strategy was "be more aggressive than the other guy", and in most cases they were.

Tom Brands on Montell Marion/Alton 141lb
    “The way he came back is a great example and a great template of what you have to do when things don’t go your way,” Brands said. “It’s easy to let things go caddywompus when you get thrown on your head like that. But things didn’t go caddywompus at all.”

Did a high schooler write that? That was poor writing.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Did a high schooler write that? That was poor writing.
    Yea the "Guy" who wrote it can't spell katty-whompuz fer dam sure, yo.

KR (or anyone else who saw he match), in the highlights it looked like AA's only strategy was to hit the big throw after MM had shot in, which didn't work except for the first time. Prior to gassing, how did his offense look? Was he shooting actively, or did he seem to be waiting for MM's shots to counter with his throw?

The highlight of Taylor was downright impressive, SOO much movement and attacking, just crazy good level changes, and movement. Seems to be improving every time I see him, which is scary.

I see it much the same way as Cael saw it. I keep hearing "Long shot a bunch of times but they weren"t good shots"...and I have to laugh. He was trying to set up Ramos and Ramos did nothing but back up and play defense. He shot all of three times in the match and should have gotten hit with stalling. With that said. Long failed and failed miserably. As an Iowa fan once told me, "i'll always pick a returning finalist over a freshman anyday, and by a lot". He's right.

125. What took McD so long to pin Penn State's 4th stringer?

141; I would have tought Iowa fans would be upset with Marion, an NCAA finalist who beat a freshman by 2 points. As an Iowa fan once told me, "i'll always pick a returning finalist over a freshman anyday, and by a lot" exactly.

149; Molinaro thought he could pin an undersized Ballweg and he continued to ride him and try to turn him. Unfortunatley, Ballweg balled up and laid on the mat like it was nappy time in Kindergarten. Must be that agressive Iowa style belly defense.

157; Taylor and DSJ scrambled well, and I was really impressed with DSJ.

165; Expected

174; Here is another Iowa belly defense to keep their opponent from scoring. Kind of reminded me of a fuzzy caterpillar. But hey...Ruth isn't a world beater 'cause he couldn't pry Lofthouse's belly off the mat.

184; QW didn't perform, period. I'm not taking anything away from Iowa here.

197; Ortega taco seasoning is stronger than PSU's 197'er. 'nuff said.

Hwt: Cameron looked as inspired as the rest of the team. It's hard to go out there, with the match already lost, the crowd deflated, and score bonus points. I'll give him a pass, this time.

You were impressed with DSJ but you call out Lofthouse for belly defense and being a fuzzy caterpillar? Not sure if you are using uniform standards if those are the two conclusions you came up with.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

More whiny garbage starting on this thread. Hopefully the PSU team takes the loss more seriously than some of their fans do. It's easier to blame the refs though.