Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Break Down of PSU from a Hawkeye

Default Re: Break Down of PSU from a Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the "Bael Sanderson" stuff is pretty silly? If guys don't like him or don't think he's a good coach so be it, but show some respect. The man is a friggin' legend.
    No, you're not the only one.

I still struggle with why a certain segment of the Iowa fanbase is so fixated on Sanderson. There are some people on this board who have brought him up in every, single, post that they've made since the dual ended two days ago.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    No, you're not the only one.

I still struggle with why a certain segment of the Iowa fanbase is so fixated on Sanderson. There are some people on this board who have brought him up in every, single, post that they've made since the dual ended two days ago.
    Just my opinion, it does no good for the sport of wrestling to belittle anybody, what happens is you try and make yourself bigger than the sport that we all want to see prosper and get bigger, I understand the intensity of the sport but do it with class win or lose, I coached wrestling, lot of parents did not understand the attitude of wrestlers(I also see poor sportsmanship thru out all sports not just wrestling). The reason for parents attitude being brought up thats where kids begin at lower levels, they must have the parents backing them up, some of the kids I saw were tremendous athletes but parents discouraged their kids from continuing the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'll make sure to refer back to your prior two posts in this thread next time you want to call me a "dick."
    I only call you a dick when its warranted.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

And I called Chop a douche bag because it was warranted...

Round and round we go.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

And I explaied why I didnt think it was warranted with this post.

Why is it okay to say someone is bad from his feet, but you get called out if you say he has a week mind? It's all opinion. Wrestlers pride themselves on being of strong mind. It is a big part of what makes you a good wrestler, just like a good set up or a nice single leg. Some guys can work through the pain and wrestle with significant injury and some cant. If you cant it is something you need to work on, just like you would work on halfs and chicken wings if you werent so good from the top position.

I think some of you are thinking that Chop is personally attacking Wright by saying he doesnt think he is tough minded. I think he's just saying it's not the strongest part of his game. The douche bag comment was uncalled for Jensen.

Ha Ha.....the hypocrisy is abound on this page. Dont belittle anybody, yet all Iowa haters out there do nothing but belittle the Brands.

You people can do what you want, but Bael is what he will be referred to by me. Fact is, Bael cant beat Tommy and it burns his ass....his forehead was so red during his post meet interview it literally looked like he was smacked in the face. I loved it, and the smug PSU fans out there got a big dose of what reality is.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I only call you a dick when its warranted.
    You're a classy guy, Herkey. <---- that's sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    You're a classy guy, Herkey. <---- that's sarcasm.
    I suppose a "classy" guy would make a post calling someone classy...or not.

dback, am I a classy guy? If you say yes I'll key your car.

I do know Herk personally, and he is definitely NOT a classy guy. If you keyed my car I would have to take you out.