Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Question for Penn St fans

Default Re: Question for Penn St fans

I hate Brands. Just watch and see. He'll probably burn his alma mater for more money and better recruits. Opportunistic jerk!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    But since you asked a question Herk, here is one for you and the Iowa fans:
    How can you take Tom Brands?? No doubt he wins, and congrats on that. But the man shows no class what so ever. Want examples?
    1. He runs out on the mat in about half the matches any given night. He does know it is a violation and does realize he is NOT wrestling, right? (Why the refs won't call it is for another time)
    2. 2009 dual at Penn State. He stood across from Troy Sunderland, made pistols out of his hands, and fired across as his #1 ranked team easily beat a mediocre PSU team. I wouldn't let a 3rd grade wrestler do this, much less expect it from a head coach.
    3. He and Zadick spent some time explaining a road rage incident with the State College police when B10's were here. The details aren't public, so we will leave it at that.

The man has won 70+ straight and is 3x defending NCAA team champs. When will he act like an adult?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Wow Herk, your post says a lot. Here's a response from a Penn State fan-
    Anybody who crowned PSU champs this year is an idiot. In my opinion PSU still has a decent shot at winning the NCAA tourney, but only because I think it is a bit of a down year in wrestling. Minnesota, Iowa State, Ok State and Ohio State don't have killer line-ups like they have had (especially Ohio State). Cornell is really strong at 3-4 weights but only pretty good to average at the others. Iowa is down from last year (though getting Marion back is a HUGE boost). Maybe it is a down year, or maybe it is a sign that there are more and more strong programs (Cornell and Boise this year, for example). I think PSU is 1-2 years from being a real force.

But since you asked a question Herk, here is one for you and the Iowa fans:
    How can you take Tom Brands?? No doubt he wins, and congrats on that. But the man shows no class what so ever. Want examples?
    1. He runs out on the mat in about half the matches any given night. He does know it is a violation and does realize he is NOT wrestling, right? (Why the refs won't call it is for another time)
    2. 2009 dual at Penn State. He stood across from Troy Sunderland, made pistols out of his hands, and fired across as his #1 ranked team easily beat a mediocre PSU team. I wouldn't let a 3rd grade wrestler do this, much less expect it from a head coach.
    3. He and Zadick spent some time explaining a road rage incident with the State College police when B10's were here. The details aren't public, so we will leave it at that.

The man has won 70+ straight and is 3x defending NCAA team champs. When will he act like an adult?
    BlueBlood, there are as few things that you need to understand about the Iowa fans here.

1. Brands can do no wrong. It's not bad sportsmanship. It's passion and intensity.
    2. Don't take thy Lord Brand's name in vein. Speaketh of Brands as you would your own father.
    3. Don't critique iowa wrestlers. They're agressive and brash and even when they lose, they win.
    4. Iowa wrestling should be though of as royalty. They even wear crowns and smell of expensive oils.
    5. When Iowa fans state that they have won 23 championships, they aren't throwing it in your face.
    6. Cael leaving ISU is MUCH different than Brands leaving VT. Just because "they" say it is so.
    7. If Iowa fans predict their team to win, it's because they're genius. If any other team picks their school to beat them, it's crowning their team as champions and a shows total lack of respect for Iowa and a total lack of knowledge towards the sport.
    8. Never joke with an iowa fan, it's considered unclassy and rude. Only an iowa fan can joke around with other fans.
    9. If you predict bout scores, you can only predict once. Any other predictions will be viewed as cheating by iowa fans and will not count.
    10. Cael isn't a great coach because he hasn't won a National Championship as one. Iowa fans say so...and so it's a fact.

Just some guidelines for you to understand the makeup of the board here. I hope it helps, and welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    BlueBlood, there are as few things that you need to understand about the Iowa fans here.

1. Brands can do no wrong. It's not bad sportsmanship. It's passion and intensity.
    2. Don't take thy Lord Brand's name in vein. Speaketh of Brands as you would your own father.
    3. Don't critique iowa wrestlers. They're agressive and brash and even when they lose, they win.
    4. Iowa wrestling should be though of as royalty. They even wear crowns and smell of expensive oils.
    5. When Iowa fans state that they have won 23 championships, they aren't throwing it in your face.
    6. Cael leaving ISU is MUCH different than Brands leaving VT. Just because "they" say it is so.
    7. If Iowa fans predict their team to win, it's because they're genius. If any other team picks their school to beat them, it's crowning their team as champions and a shows total lack of respect for Iowa and a total lack of knowledge towards the sport.
    8. Never joke with an iowa fan, it's considered unclassy and rude. Only an iowa fan can joke around with other fans.
    9. If you predict bout scores, you can only predict once. Any other predictions will be viewed as cheating by iowa fans and will not count.
    10. Cael isn't a great coach because he hasn't won a National Championship as one. Iowa fans say so...and so it's a fact.

Just some guidelines for you to understand the makeup of the board here. I hope it helps, and welcome aboard.
    As long as you keep those hard and fast rules in mind when you speak you'll be fine. Numbers six and ten are actually held in higher regard then the rest of them, though the others are important too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    As long as you keep those hard and fast rules in mind when you speak you'll be fine. Numbers six and ten are actually held in higher regard then the rest of them, though the others are important too.
    Wow, you do have a sense of humor.

11. Iowa beat PSU this year, so Iowa has bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    11. Iowa beat PSU this year, so Iowa has bragging rights.

Not exactly. We have to win nationals to have bragging rights. It's all about March.

So PSU would have beaten Iowa in the dual it wouldn't counted...

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    So PSU would have beaten Iowa in the dual it wouldn't counted...
    Who said that? It counts as a regular season dual match. But theres no trophy in the case for beating Penn St in a dual.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Who said that? It counts as a regular season dual match. But theres no trophy in the case for beating Penn St in a dual.
    I think what KR is saying is that had PSU won the Dual, many Iowa fans would have pointed to NCAAs and told PSU fans that it didn't count for anything. Having said that, I'll give you credit Herkey...you've openly stated that the dual was a dual, and that none of that matters but in the Ides of March. And for the record, i've stated the same. They can rank PSU #3 and Iowa #2, and whomever # whatever...But it's a matter of opinion and hersey until the final whistle blows at the NCAA tourny.