Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Penn St fans

Default Re: Question for Penn St fans

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I agree gofer. I think Penn St still has as good a shot as anyone to win the title this year. However, they have not won anything yet. Hopefully this loss will keep their fans in check a little. I don't mind excitement for your team but some should gain a little perspective before they spout off.

I had not discovered wrestling boards yet when Minnesota was winning it's titles so I missed out on their fans acting this way. I know alot of Minnesotans and somehow I doubt their politeness let them put the cart before the horse. (except JAMMEN)
    I think Jensens and I have been pretty polite, but possibly a tad delusional?

I am just THANKFUL that the STREAK will be intact for the 2/20 dual with the Gophers at Williams Arena
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Has anyone else noticed that the only people not talking about the dumb streak are Iowa and Iowa fans? The streak is nice, but it's also dumb. It doesn't really matter if a national title isnt won that season.

Having said that, I hope it stays alive for a long time.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Badcat, I can take "shit" from anyone. What you did was not ribbing. You went to the crown store and bought one with lots of jewels half way through the season and now it's a bit tarnished. Maybe next time you'll wait for the current "king" to step aside before you annoint yourself. Penn St may win the title this year, but they havent yet. So far they're just another team with a loss and some good individuals. They remind me alot of Caels teams at Iowa state. Look for a second or third place finish at nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I think Jensens and I have been pretty polite, but possibly a tad delusional?

I am just THANKFUL that the STREAK will be intact for the 2/20 dual with the Gophers at Williams Arena
    Be careful what you wish for...as the Nittany Lion faithful just found out!

Badcat, I can take "shit" from anyone. What you did was not ribbing. You went to the crown store and bought one with lots of jewels half way through the season and now it's a bit tarnished. Maybe next time you'll wait for the current "king" to step aside before you annoint yourself. Penn St may win the title this year, but they havent yet. So far they're just another team with a loss and some good individuals. They remind me alot of Caels teams at Iowa state. Look for a second or third place finish at nationals.
    Oh, so Iowa is the "king"? Seriously?

For the record, I never, let me repeat...NEVER, corwned PSU as champs. I've only stated that they had a legit shot at it...which they still do. I've also stated that they have not done ANYTHING to date in the very thread where I jokingly posted a link that got your panties in a wad. Go look for yourself. It's right there.

And as far as you taking "shit"...pfffffftttt...One simple little link, not directed at you specifically, meant as a joke, and you absolutley hate my guts for it. But you're thick skinned? puh-lease! Like I said, kid gloves Herkey. Kid gloves.

Wouldnt you say the defending Champs are the Kings until they are knocked off the throne Badcat?

Maybe, since you are from the East you prefer the term Don or capo.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I will only say this, when the Gophers did a little chest thumping in the 2000-2009 decade, it was easy to get on the bandwagon, that is for sure and I think at times became easy to see things through maroon colored glasses.

In the end, I have learned a little bit of humility and respect for all of the other programs (Yes, even Iowa ) Lets give there fans a little bit of a break as I am sure today they feel like they have been run over by a bus. I will also say this. Before the season is over Cornell and Penn State will factor in to the NCAA Title and theres still a good chance one of those two teams will still be hoisting the trophy.

Great win by Iowa yesterday and really fun to watch on BTN. Its great how excited the crowd was and I am looking forward to how the team title plays out this year.
    Very well-thought out, Gofer. I agree wholeheartedly.

Herkey, I know how you feel, but resist temptation. Penn State has a great team that performed badly yesterday. That team is not responsible for what some of the fans might say or do.

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Very well-thought out, Gofer. I agree wholeheartedly.

Herkey, I know how you feel, but resist temptation. Penn State has a great team that performed badly yesterday. That team is not responsible for what some of the fans might say or do.

That's why I havent said anything about the team. I know they are good and have a good shot at a national title this year. I'm just ragging on the fans a bit since they think they already won the damn thing.

That's why I havent said anything about the team. I know they are good and have a good shot at a national title this year. I'm just ragging on the fans a bit since they think they already won the damn thing.
    no one has said that. You just wanted us to.

Iowa is the reigning NCAA champion. Not Kings. That's a term Herkey uses...and no one else.