Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

Default Re: Campolattano to Wrestle in College

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/ont...ng-in-college/

I know a school that would love to have someone jump into the 197-pound weight class...
    Um not Ohio state....

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Um not Ohio state....
    Suddenly I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Laych07 View Post
    Frey's dad was just hired as head coach of Penn College (PSU branch campus in Williamsport, PA). I'm not exactly sure of the discount for PSU employees but I know it's significant (75%-100%) and immediately goes into affect for employees children as soon as they are hired (you have to wait a few years for spouses). So I doubt Frey is on a wrestling scholarship.
    The get the Dad a job at the school gig to supplement the 9.9. PSU getting creative I see.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I mean if he really was sold on rutgers as the college for him I think he would have just been like "I'm not going to play football, but I am going to wrestle at rutgers." And that would have been it.
    I don't think he could say that because he probably hasn't had the chance to talk to Coach Goodale yet.

I hope he takes another good long look at Rutgers. Simaz is a junior at Cornelland Kennedy is a junior at Lehigh, so he would fit in rather nicely at either school. PSU will probably be fine without him.

Here's a thought, what does he want to study and what school offers the best opportunity for him academically?

Agh, heck with that ... be a Mountainhawk, go to Lehigh!

Quote Originally Posted by buddhaonbelay View Post
    Agh, heck with that ... be a Mountainhawk, go to Lehigh!
    I like you. Camp would look good in the Brown Singlet.

This is a post from FOS tonight from Cory James who covers PSU FB recruiting for Fight On State:

I do cover PSU football recruiting for FOS and had a few people ask me to see if I could find out what was going on with Andrew Campolattano and his decision to wrestle in college. I talked to him briefly this evening and this is what I found out.

Lehigh, Ohio State, Rutgers, VT, Oklahoma, Michigan, Iowa State, Old Dominion, Maryland, NC State have been in contact with him so far. He said that he thought Penn State was in contact with his coach, but he hadnt spoken to them yet. He said he is looking to see which schools can offer him the most for wrestling and he is wide open right now.

He said after he talks to some schools to see what they can offer, he will take some visits and hopes to decide in April when the wrestlers can sign. He also said that he thought he would be too big to wrestle at 184 so he would probably wrestle at 197 in college. I asked if it was cool if I keep in touch with him to see how it goes and he agreed so if you guys have any questions just send me a PM or post here and I will probably see it and try to get in touch with him.

I am not a wrestling guru so I had to ask things like when signing day was and stuff like that, so you guys may have better questions for him than I do. If so, please do ask me and I will be glad to check into it for you.

-Cory

I really hope Brands and Co contact him. I would hope that with our "hole" at 97 recently that they would be all over trying to get a guy like him in town. It sounds like he's looking for a whole lot of scholly money though and I'm not sure he'll get that at Iowa. I would have called him on Sunday night after the Penn St dual.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Herkey how much money would Iowa have to give him? How many guys now are on what type of scholarship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.