Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Thread: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

Some people here are manning up and admitting they made bad predictions. Other people make three or four different predictions on various websites at various times (and have personal emails and calls with other posters) and then crow about how well they nailed it, picking whichever prediction suited them best. From what I can see, Herk had it pegged.

World Champ

I think that's exactly what folks question about Cael's coaching. Everyone knows he's one of the best recruiters in college wrestling. He's also a very good teacher and decent with public relations. I also think he inspires loyalty in his guys. But can he take a guy who he didn't recruit, whose maybe not his type of wrestler, and who also has an attitude problem, and straighten it out to make him highly competitive (e.g. Wright?) If he can't, is it always just the wrestler's fault? I guess we'll see. Ultimately, Wright is responsible for Wright. A coach can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Some people here are manning up and admitting they made bad predictions. Other people make three or four different predictions on various websites at various times (and have personal emails and calls with other posters) and then crow about how well they nailed it, picking whichever prediction suited them best. From what I can see, Herk had it pegged.
    I don't like to be wrong so I wait to make predictions. I took off my homer hat before I made those predictions and got them pretty spot on. I'm just lucky that our new 149lbers name happens to be Ballweg too!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Pretty scary when the "#1 homer" makes the right prediction...

For what it's worth, I don't make predictions for the Hawks. If I had, I would have underestimated their efforts at the Penn State meet just like many others except Herkey. I Luv Herkey!
    Last edited by grapplefan; 02-01-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Manning up? was it really THAT big of a deal? I'm a Steeler fan and I'm predicting that the Steelers beat the Packers 27-24. Now, if the Packers beat the Steelers...should I have to man up, go to a Packers board, admit my poor judgement, apologize and slink off somewhere to wallow in some kind of funk and contemplate how better to predict future matchups?

I mean, isn't this all in fun?

How many of us knew Marion would weigh in? That right there affected our predictions. What if the Penn State team didn't eat their Cael cookies <---yes, that is a joke. What if Long had to pull an all nighter to finish an exam? what if...what if....what if...

Point being that there is a ton of reasons why things turn out the way they do. I think people need to chill the hell out and stop taking things so personnally. I say something about Brands and I'm public enemy #1. I make a prediction and it's "call out an APB" "check the obituaries"...I post a link and someone goes off like I slapped his momma and knocked up his sister.

Chiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll people. geeeez.

Is anyone else all worked up besides Badcat?

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Is anyone else all worked up besides Badcat?
    hahhahhahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Pretty scary when the "#1 homer" makes the right prediction...

For what it's worth, I don't make predictions for the Hawks. If I had, I would have underestimated their efforts at the Penn State meet just like many others except Herkey. I Luv Herkey!
    That's funny because I NEVER underestimate the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Could there be a corelation between the coaching that Wright is getting the past two years compared to what he was getting when he was a true freshman? He and Mark Perry seemed to work out quite well. Maybe Wright doesnt fit well with Cunningham and Cael. Maybe he needs to give Mark a call and have a heart to heart.

I would hope that it's just his injury that is keeping him down, but after reading Caels remarks about his effort I have to think otherwise.
    I was there for the entire post-dual interview with Cael. The fact that he really didn't address Q's match told me that he had nothing good to say so he wasn't going to say anything. It was the one time I felt a personal disappointment coming from him. He say @ one point & I qoute. "Iowa brought 10 guys to wrestle. We obviously didn't."

I was hoping Perry would have stayed. I was disappointed to see him go. I wanted a guy in our room who had been in an Iowa room.