Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LeHigh/Cornell live ESP1260

Default Re: LeHigh/Cornell live ESP1260

Reads like an exciting dual. I like to see Lehigh doing well.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

#17 LEHIGH 17, #1 CORNELL 15
    125: Perrelli (C) dec. Berger, 9-3
    133: Cagnina (L) maj. Stanzione, 13-4
    141: Dutton (L) dec. Manson, 8-5
    149: Dake (C) dec. Napoli, 4-3
    157: Meagher (C) dec. Bilodeau, 5-1
    165: Hatchett (L) dec. Kerber, 3-2
    174: Lewnes (C) dec. Meys, 4-1
    184: Hamlin (L) dec. Bosak, 5-4
    197: Simaz (C) dec. Kennedy, 2-0
    285: Rey (L) maj. Snyder, 8-0
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Am I the only one who thinks that Mike Grey probably won't be a huge difference maker this year since he was supposed to back: before scuffle, at scuffle, and at national duals? Those kind of setbacks would lead one to believe he's got some serious injury problems and might not be himself. Even at 100% he's had difficulty getting on the podium.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/def...rticleId=15281

Good interviews with some highlights of the matches. You can see Moccos influence on Rey when he hits a footsweep on the cornell guy.

Gotta wonder what's up with mack truck needing a last 20 second td to beat freshmen Meys.(who is formiddable I suppose in his own right)

Probably more cause for concern with Dake. Apparently hour weigh ins are killing him. Guess he moves up AGAIN next year.

Ah damn it. Thought this match was Friday!? Wouldn't have liked the outcome anyway it seems.

Earlier in the year I was worrying about Cornell's ability to score bonus points against tougher competition when they need to do so and this match right here perfectly illustrates it. Lehigh matched up very well against them, but a #1 team in the country with a few guys vying for national titles and a couple-few more vying for an AA has got to be able to put bonus points on the board in these tough matches, and they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Mike Grey probably won't be a huge difference maker this year since he was supposed to back: before scuffle, at scuffle, and at national duals? Those kind of setbacks would lead one to believe he's got some serious injury problems and might not be himself. Even at 100% he's had difficulty getting on the podium.
    And I agree with this too. Grey is not going to be the magical solution to Cornell's line-up hole that I was hoping he would be, especially since he's been taking so long to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    got to be able to put bonus points on the board in these tough matches, and they didn't.
    This means YOU: Kyle Dake, Mack Lewnes and Cam Simaz!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    This means YOU: Kyle Dake, Mack Lewnes and Cam Simaz!
    The PSU guys must have to replace scoreboards regularly the way those guys put up the points. Same deal with Iowa's team last year, tons of points on a consistent basis by their top guys (with the exception of Morningstar).

I don't feel like these guys push the pace in matches to get the high scores like either of the aforementioned two teams. Lewnes prob. the only one who does consistently and even he doesn't seem to be himself lately. Cornell is a very good team but I feel that they are missing an edge and are wrestling not to lose. Maybe this match lights a fire under their ass.

Mizzou beats Lehigh 21-10 without Haynes, then loses to Cornell 18-15 without Simaz. Then Lehigh beats Cornell 17-15. I'm telling you, there is a really good chance that NCAA's will be wildly unpredictable. Most rankings have Mizzou with 1 or 2 AA's, yet Lehigh/Mizzou/Navy etc. have shown that their lower ranked guys are capable of winning.