Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you ain't Christian-you ain't my brother

Default Re: If you ain't Christian-you ain't my brother

Guess those people have examined the people that they have railroaded into the ground for simply opposing legislation that was pro-Israel.

The current ADL "logic" is unabashedly revisionist. Their definition is: Anti-Semitism is being opposed to the interests of Israel (as the ADL sees them); & these interests are threatened by "peaceniks" "other faiths & churches & groups who do not adhere STRICTLY to the ADL political line. That is not the definition I grew up with nor do I adhere to it that one which they operate off of. If they were so interested in basic human rights then they would not do the things that they do to violate the rights of others who oppose their views.

ADL and AIPAC In Full Propaganda Mode / Department of Justice asked to begin regulating – The Political Elite

Moran Upsets Jewish Groups Again - washingtonpost.com

Judge rules that judgment against ADL stands

I recently attended a Christmas party where my friend & I were the only gentiles in attendance. Everyone else was Israeli & Jewish. They were all basically friends of friends etc. One man who was originally from Vienna compared notes with me on the difference between Viennese dialect & Yiddish. He told me the story of how his parents were from different countries & how their parents opposed his parents marriage. Another woman told me a similar story where her mother's parents called her father a "Schwarzer Hai" Yiddish for "Black animal or shark" because he was Syria & dark skinned, (yes Syria has a Jewish population).

My point being that there are injustices & prejudices everywhere. However just b/c one is a descendant of a victim of the Holocaust doesn't give that group the right to treat others without the same decency that they were deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    The current ADL "logic" is unabashedly revisionist. Their definition is: Anti-Semitism is being opposed to the interests of Israel (as the ADL sees them); & these interests are threatened by "peaceniks" "other faiths & churches & groups who do not adhere STRICTLY to the ADL political line. That is not the definition I grew up with nor do I adhere to it that one which they operate off of. If they were so interested in basic human rights then they would not do the things that they do to violate the rights of others who oppose their views.

ADL and AIPAC In Full Propaganda Mode / Department of Justice asked to begin regulating – The Political Elite

Moran Upsets Jewish Groups Again - washingtonpost.com

Judge rules that judgment against ADL stands

I recently attended a Christmas party where my friend & I were the only gentiles in attendance. Everyone else was Israeli & Jewish. They were all basically friends of friends etc. One man who was originally from Vienna compared notes with me on the difference between Viennese dialect & Yiddish. He told me the story of how his parents were from different countries & how their parents opposed his parents marriage. Another woman told me a similar story where her mother's parents called her father a "Schwarzer Hai" Yiddish for "Black animal or shark" because he was Syria & dark skinned, (yes Syria has a Jewish population).

My point being that there are injustices & prejudices everywhere. However just b/c one is a descendant of a victim of the Holocaust doesn't give that group the right to treat others without the same decency that they were deprived.
    I read through your links and noticed that the last one is a link to a website (FinalCall.com) that appears to be run by Louis Farrakhan, as most of the writings are his, and all of the product sold in the store are his.

Is that so?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I read through your links and noticed that the last one is a link to a website (FinalCall.com) that appears to be run by Louis Farrakhan, as most of the writings are his, and all of the product sold in the store are his.

Is that so?
    Farrakhan = hate.

But, to stay on topic - I wonder how the general public would feel if an atheist was elected and then said something disparaging against christians in a speech.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. ? Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told a church crowd
    Key words. "church crowd".

Quote Originally Posted by Spider
    My criticism isn't anti-Christian or even anti-religion at all
    Spider, i don't consider you to be anti-christian. Just a non-believer.

KR.... loved your post!!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Key words. "church crowd".
    I didn't even notice that! Good point. If he was talking to a church crowd then the state is what should have been removed from the "separation of church and state." Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    According to the Bible his statement is correct. But of course, anti-Christian people will take it out of context!!
    I am not really sure how you would take this out of context. "I belong to a certain group. If you don't belong to that group, you are a them, not an us." This is coming from the individual that, argueably, will have the greatest influence over how things will be decided in his state.
    As a non-Christian, I assure you I would take offence at a comment like this coming from my governor, or from any other political office holder that represented me. Change the name of the group and see if it doesn't become offensive. "I'm a caucasian (black, oriental, Native American, etc.) . . ., I'm gay (straight, transgender, lesbian, etc.). . ., I'm Mexican (Irish, Vietnamese, etc.). . . I'm a Notre Dame fan (no, that is too far a stretch.) Of course it is offensive coming from any representative of the PEOPLE to establish those kinds of boundries.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I didn't even notice that! Good point. If he was talking to a church crowd then the state is what should have been removed from the "separation of church and state." Thanks for pointing that out.
    Doesn't matter who he was talking to. If he was talking as Governor, the comment was inappropriate. If he was talking simply as a member of the congregation, not so bad, but I expect the former to be the case.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    I am not really sure how you would take this out of context. "I belong to a certain group. If you don't belong to that group, you are a them, not an us." This is coming from the individual that, argueably, will have the greatest influence over how things will be decided in his state.
    As a non-Christian, I assure you I would take offence at a comment like this coming from my governor, or from any other political office holder that represented me. Change the name of the group and see if it doesn't become offensive. "I'm a caucasian (black, oriental, Native American, etc.) . . ., I'm gay (straight, transgender, lesbian, etc.). . ., I'm Mexican (Irish, Vietnamese, etc.). . . I'm a Notre Dame fan (no, that is too far a stretch.) Of course it is offensive coming from any representative of the PEOPLE to establish those kinds of boundries.
    Yes.

It's also questionable Christianity. "Love your neighbour as yourself."