Thread: TWT attempting to download multiple files to my computer?

Default TWT attempting to download multiple files to my computer?

Not a computer guru but chrome warned me that TWT was downloading multiple versions of a file called "rss.aspx". I've attached a screen shot of chrome's download page. Not sure if it is a site issue or a problem with my computer (I'm guessing the latter).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	2842  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: TWT attempting to download multiple files to my computer?

Yeah, something weird with the rss feeds on the right... definitely won't harm your PC, but ill look at it.

The files are .aspx, which are 'text' and cannot contain executable code... its annoying and we'll get it fixed but its nothing malicious.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 02-02-2011 at 02:53 PM.

No worries, it only happened this morning--it occurred a couple of times in rapid succession on different computers but it has not happened since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Yeah, it happened the other day too. Ill get it sorted out.

Schlott-
    I see you are already on top of the problem. 3 posts were completely gone today and had to redo line ups.I ran a virus test and came back clean so I have the utmost faith you will figure it out .Whatever ''it'' is.

PS-Is Avast a good enough program for defense ?

Yeah, avast is fine. This isn't a virus issue though. It's an issue with how a few different browser types handle the feeds of information pumped in on the right.

It also would have nothing to do with posts missing. I will have to look into that.

Russ get kaspersky. Hands down the best b/c it allows you to run scans on the HD while the HD is down. Then there isn't anything it cant find. Most virus depend on their own defense code to protect them from detect. The code cant be run if the HD is OFF. Then the viruses are basically "asleep" & "defenseless". And if have a PC you may want to look into running LINUX instead.

It seems to be doing that to me today. My computer actually stopped working a couple of times after the warning at the top said that the site was trying to download files.

ehhh... I thought they got this fixed. Ill keep on them about it.