Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying Meat off a Truck

Default Re: Buying Meat off a Truck

Horse is excellent. Dog isn't bad at all. Monkey is stringy, tough, and gamey. Rat smokes up into a pretty good jerkey.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I didn't even know you could buy meat off a truck. I've never seen it. This seems strange because my area is rather rural.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I didn't even know you could buy meat off a truck. I've never seen it. This seems strange because my area is rather rural.
    You must not pay attention when you are in CBus. I see them all the time when in town.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Come on Gold!! I have several friends who went to school at OSU and two who still live in Columbus. It is all over the place. But, I admit someone had to point it out to me before I noticed it, too. They also have semi's with beer taps on the side. I don't know what it costs to get them to stop, but I have been to more than a few parties "off campus" with these things supplying the beer. Ahhhhh.............the 90's! Also known to me and my friends as the blurry years.

I have to admit I never saw the meat-truck phenomenon while growing up in Pennsylvania, but I've seen it a number of times here in California. I don't live in a rural area in CA either.

Years ago in Florida we had girls wearing thong bikinis/T-back selling hotdogs on the side of the road. Um thats a different form of "meat truck..."

Unless we're talking about the Schwann truck I've never experienced it. Even then I stick with the ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Horse is excellent. Dog isn't bad at all. Monkey is stringy, tough, and gamey. Rat smokes up into a pretty good jerkey.
    The greyhound rescuer eats dogs..Is this why you "rescue" them?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I have never seen or even heard of the meat truck before and I have live in urban, suburban and rural areas in the Northeast.
    Sounds incredibly sketchy to me, although I love the motto of "brown it and down it"