Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: akzent - no Baku matches FILA webtv???

Default Re: akzent - no Baku matches FILA webtv???

Gaidarov is from Khasavyurt, Daghestan - like Saitievs, Batirovs...
    I don't know whether he was born there or in the mountains. At least his parents are from the mountain areas (where most of the Daghestani wrestlers come from); later they moved to Khasavyurt in the lowlands.

It's time to update my mountain thread
    http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/inte...come-from.html
    Last edited by akzent; 09-02-2009 at 03:25 AM.

hey akzent,
    why is every chechen i speak saying that saitiev is chechen?

Saitiev is Chechen. Khasavyurt has a large Chechen population.

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    Saitiev is Chechen. Khasavyurt has a large Chechen population.

Okay so there is a large chechen population in a dagestani area named Khasavyurt and he trained and came out for a siberian area named Krasnayorsk.
    Allright, makes sense now.

Does any of you guys happen to know about aldatovs current weight. He looks exactly the same as he looked in 74 kg category.

This guy is really something but sometimes annoys me when he does everything right and suddenly goes touche because he doesnt gas himself out.
    Think its a mental issue or something or just being careless.
    he did the same against aliashgar from Iran or the greek almost veteran wrestler..

yeah aldatov seems to be tough when he is winning and things are going his way. But he makes so many mistakes that often his opponents are able to capitalize on them and turn things around and then when he is down by points it seems to me that he gives up sometimes. Especially his match against kyrgistan at the olympics comes to mind, but also his match against chemsulvaraev at last year euros and against bazri at grand prix this year.

Agreed. Huge talent, not the strongest mentally (compared to other world champions). I think he looks bigger at 84 but softer. Too weak physically to win 84 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Agreed. Huge talent, not the strongest mentally (compared to other world champions). I think he looks bigger at 84 but softer. Too weak physically to win 84 IMO.

I never doubted Aldatovs physical strength, I think he was for example stronger than Murtazaliev. Also in the 84 kg class he still lifts guys up like crazy.

I haven't seen that much him at 84, but I thought the Iranian muscled him around a bit at the Baku finals. He sure did manhandle Herbert though... do you think he could stand toe-to-toe with the really big 84's like Mindorashvilli?

is mindo that big? he used to wrestle 76 back in the day, sajidov always looked like a monster at 84 to me