Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRADE-PA Guy/Ohio Guy

Default Re: TRADE-PA Guy/Ohio Guy

Good idea Herkey, I should try to think of some trades to improve my team...wait a minute..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

My last word on the matter:

In the 1-2 years I've been commissioner, I've rejected one or two trades. There have been several trades I think slant one way significantly, but that's not really what determines if I reject the trade. After all, who is to say those people don't see something in the wrestlers that I don't see? What causes me to reject a trade is if I think it goes against the spirit of competition. By that I mean, if it's somehow cheating (haven't seen this and not sure exactly what it would look like) or if it's clearly one guy dumping his players to someone else (this is what has happened in the past). Ultimately, as long as I'm convinced both parties are trying to increase their chances of success, I'm not going to block the trade. I've rejected offers that weren't in the spirit of competition before but I assure you that in each of my last two trades, this has not been the case.

The first trade, Sanjaa for Kennedy, I admit leans heavily to me based on proven results. However, the trade was brought to be by tigerfan. I was quite surprised to see the offer, but upon looking into it and talking to him, I saw his reasoning. He had wanted to go with Alton and Schavrien as his 41s (and Alton is showing that he is a perfectly fine 41 to be using) and he really needed a decent 149. He first asked me for Molinaro, and then, a week later after he hadn't been able to find anyone else, he asked about Sanjaa. Kennedy's schedule is bare, and Sanjaa's is good. Also it balances his lineup out more. We were going to post the trade pre-Midlands, but he said he needed Kennedy's Midlands points. I had no problem, and we waited. I hope this illustrates that he was certainly trying to improve his playoff chances.

This last trade, Wade and Nelson for Howe and White, is one that I don't think is unbalanced--especially when you look at KR's needs. He needs to win conference week to make the playoffs. He desperately needed a heavyweight, and his situation at 157 was pretty shaky. Nelson had an awesome Midlands tournament where he had three pins and won it all. He looks like the favorite to win the Big 12, is ranked a lot higher than anyone else in the Big 12, and could be an All-American. Cameron Wade has had a good year so far. He started off slow, but since the Northeast Duals has been an offensive machine, scoring techs and pins at a rate uncommon for heavyweights. He is a strong favorite to win the Big 10, and will be a huge point scorer at conference week (which really helps kr a lot). He also looks like he has an excellent shot to be an AA. If you read anything I've written about him, you'd know that I've been high on Wade for quite a while.

In exchange for those two probably conference champs and AA contenders, I get a probable NCAA finalist. The other guy I received was to be KR's worst wrestler--I didn't care who it was. He chose Albert White, who apparently won't be wrestling any more this year. Great for me. It fills a gaping hole I had at 165. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I imagine the points that a NCAA runner-up gets at nationals is about even with the number of points two 6th place finishers would get. It would be an interesting thing to look at if anyone is up to it.

I know that vais has repeated aired out his failed trade attempts for the same wrestlers I've gotten. I don't really see why. What I, vais, or anyone else thinks of those trade offers has absolutely ZERO bearing on how fair my successful trades are. Anyway, I'm in this league to win just like everyone else. I want to trade to improve my roster. If you guys think I'm being unfair about it, fine--just tell me and I won't be commissioner next year. I don't say that to hold it hostage over your heads or anything like that; I really don't want to be commish if you don't think it's fair. I am, however, going to continue to play to win as long as I'm in the league. I promise I won't take it with hostility or be bitter towards anyone if that's what you want. Just let me know.

Gold, I think there's only one little girl in this league that thinks youre being unfair. Would just ignore her.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me?

This is literally the second trade that shouldnt even be approved you've been involved in.
    Hmm..I offered Lewnes/Dong for Howe and your worst wrestler. You chose cam wade who doesn't look much like a big 10 champ to me and a guy that MAY start for Oklahoma, and MAY beat or may not be able to beat the okey st. 57?
    As much as I didnt want to give up Howe my team is now better overall as Lister is @ 65, (as opposed to NO 65 if I trade Howe) Nelson is @ 57 as well as the "Okie St 57" (so if I wrestle both @ Conf Week the B12 57 title is mine) & CW is a big improvement over BUGEN-hagen & definitely looks better then Apland & Nelson @ this point.

If I am gonna catch u & the other top 4 or win conference I had to change s/g. It might seem counter-intuitive but it you analyze my team it is better now, (if Lister finally wrestles!)

U offered me Dong & Lewnes but I don't need another 74 with Henrich, (I need a 285) & giving you Howe @ the TIME left me with only Kemerer who is not looking sharp right now. Since then I learned that Lister move this weekend to 65 is for GOOD.

Christian...its a game. Not life or death.

He needs to win conference and Cam Wade and Chase Nelson are the answer? I daresay at least one of those WON'T win conferences.

Doesn't he have the mighty Eric Bugenhagen?
    Sarcasm makes me HOTT...

...that & pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Wade is a clear favorite to win the Big 10 and has been very good this year, whether you think so or not.

157 in the Big 5 is probably won by Nelson or Erisman, both of whom are on kr's team. So he probably feels good about those weights right now.

You offered Lewnes and Dong, but Lewnes doesn't address a need for kr. He would then have both Lewnes and Henrich at 74 when he had big needs at other weights.

Anyway, since I'm sick of your attacking my trades, we can have a poll on this. I can't figure out how to add an actual poll right now, but everyone can just type in their vote. If the majority of the league thinks this trade shouldn't go through, it will be canceled. I, personally, won't harbor bad feelings against anyone for their vote.
    PHK DAT!
    I will...!

I don't want it overturned. I just want things how i want when I want them. Not so much to ask.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Lewnes doesn't address a need? In conference week he will have to wrestle both Big 12 157s in order to have the conf champ. He could flex Neil Erisman or Mack Lewnes. Tough choice. What need does that not address?
    If he had Dong he wouldnt have to worry about flexing both Big 12 guys, he could just start Dong and let him win and have a better guy than both his other 157s. Then he has a great flex in Mack Lewnes who has outscored almost every other wrestler in fantasy(including DT, IIRC)

I'm not trying to get your trade overturned, but I don't understand why he would take THAT trade over mine. I think that anyone could see the clear differences between the two.
    Christian I need a 285 not 2 74s.

I was planning on flexing Scheidel who will win the CAA & rack BP along the way. When we last checked he was in the top 10 or maybe even the Top 5 in scoring.

Dong will probably win the ACCs 57 barring getting hit by a truck but with Nelson I will get extra points for that in the B12 & Wade will get extra B10 title points instead EB of Badger land.

Plus I am dumping White.

Which looks better conf. wise?

157-Nelson
    174-Henrich
    Hvy-Wade
    Flex-Scheidel
    4 conf champs MAX(possibly 2)
    All potential NCAA AAs

or

157-Dong
    174-Henrich
    Hvy-Drop Trumbetti and add a So.Con or East regional conf champ for heavy
    Flex-Lewnes
    4 conf champs all who will bonus the heck out of their conf tournaments in addition to getting the conf champ bonus(except for the conf champ heavy)
    3 NCAA AAs

That improves both his Conf AND NCAA lineup. If he were able to get those pieces I'm sure he'd be able to trade for a Clayton Jack type of dude.(especially considering Buck has Trice AND Jack)
    Your version makes sure I don't catch you & makes sure GOld doesn't get farther ahead. MINES in RED.