Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Undefeateds

Default Re: The Undefeateds

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." RWE
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I'm sticking with my prediction that Russell is a winner, knows how to win matches and will win it all. The Big 10's didn't change that. But if anyone has a shot at him I think it's Kennedy. It's interesting that Russell hasn't run up big scores on the top folks but he did get a fall on Kennedy (in Vegas I believe). If they're in opposite halves of the draw (as it looks like they will be) I suspect they will have a great finals. Sorry Iowa and Minny fans--as good (and dangerous) as Marion and Thorn are, I don't see either of them beating Russell or Kennedy.

Just added Cody Cleveland. He hasn't wrestled much at all and no one ranked, but he's undefeated going into NCAA's nonetheless, so I figured I should add him.

Didn't realize there was 3 undefeated wrestlers in 157 alone

Ranking likelihood of going undefeated

1) 141: Kellen Russell
    2) 149: Darrion Caldwell
    3) 133: Jordan Oliver
    4) 125: Anthony Robles
    5) 165: Jordan Burroughs
    6) 174: Jon Reader
    7) 157: Steve Fittery, David Taylor
    8) 197: Trevor Brandvold
    9) 197: Clayton Foster
    10) 184: Chris Honeycutt
    11) 157: Adam Hall
    12) 125: James Nicholson

How would you rank them?

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Ranking likelihood of going undefeated

1) 141: Kellen Russell
    2) 149: Darrion Caldwell
    3) 133: Jordan Oliver
    4) 125: Anthony Robles
    5) 165: Jordan Burroughs
    6) 174: Jon Reader
    7) 157: Steve Fittery, David Taylor
    8) 197: Trevor Brandvold
    9) 197: Clayton Foster
    10) 184: Chris Honeycutt
    11) 157: Adam Hall
    12) 125: James Nicholson

How would you rank them?

1. 141: Kellen Russell
    2. 133: Jordan Oliver
    3. 197: Clayton Foster
    4. 125: Anthony Robles
    5. 165: Jordan Burroughs
    6t. 157: Steve Fittery,
    6t. 157: Adam Hall
    6t. 157: David Taylor
    9. 197: Trevor Brandvold
    10. 184: Chris Honeycutt
    11. 174: Jon Reader
    12. 149: Darrion Caldwell
    13. 125: James Nicholson

If you would have asked me this last week before I saw the Caldwell video I would have put him much higher. I just don't see THAT Caldwell making it to the finals even.

I have a hard time with 157 and 125 my head tells me one thing but my heart another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

1. 133: Jordan Oliver-Easily the best in his weight in my eyes. Hoch/Graff/Whoever just not on his level, and he dominated his tournament.
    2. 165: Jordan Burroughs-Ditto with him as far as being the best. Had a scare in his conf. finals but he's still the man, and Howe is not 100%.
    3. 149: Darrion Caldwell-I think he shows up in form for the tourney. A little scared about this call but at 90% he's far better than everyone else in his weight.
    4. 125: Anthony Robles-Could be beat by only two guys in his weight.
    5. 141: Kellen Russell-Best in his class and keeps winning but has the toughest weight out there. Could see him defeated by anyone in the top 6.
    6. 157: David Taylor-Only 3 guys with a shot at him and then, maybe not. Might be the best guy in the country right now.
    7. 184: Chris Honeycutt-Front runner of a wide-open but not necessarily very tough weight.
    8. 174: Jon Reader-Ruth, Lewnes, Henrich all capable of a win here.
    9. 157: Steve Fittery-I think DT is just plain better. JPO destroyed him last year and I don't think JP touches Taylor this year.
    10. 157: Adam Hall-Again, Taylor is the best guy here. Fittery is the second-best.
    11. 197: Clayton Foster-I think Simaz and/or Kilgore beats him.
    12. 197: Trevor Brandvold-I think Simaz, Kilgore, and Foster beats him.
    13. 125: James Nicholson-Self explanatory. Now watch him prove us wrong.

Read more: The Undefeateds
    Don't Be A Fish, Be A MatFish! Matfish.com

Im not going to list all 14 but i dont know how Kellen Russell is more likely to go undefeated than Jordan Oliver.

Oliver has dominated all comers and hasn't sniffed a close match. Dominating Hoch both times.

Russell already has had a few OT matches and needed some last 30 second heroics to pull out a few wins. Plus his weight is tougher and he's pooped his pants the last two NCAA's already.

I would put Oliver AND Burroughs ahead of Russell.

Who on earth is going to beat JB??
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Im not going to list all 14 but i dont know how Kellen Russell is more likely to go undefeated than Jordan Oliver.

Oliver has dominated all comers and hasn't sniffed a close match. Dominating Hoch both times.

Russell already has had a few OT matches and needed some last 30 second heroics to pull out a few wins. Plus his weight is tougher and he's pooped his pants the last two NCAA's already.

I would put Oliver AND Burroughs ahead of Russell.

Who on earth is going to beat JB??
    Exactly. Russell this year has been kind of like Schlatter his soph. year when kept winning razor-close ones until the tourney where he was beaten, perhaps by an inferior opponent b/c he kept things too close. You can't keep winning by the skin of your b#lls all the time, especially in this weight class. Someone could easily get him.

Nobody beats Oliver or Burroughs this year.