Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving To All

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving To All

Still recovering.

Quad on Wednesday night. I was in charge of concessions. Got home at 11pm. My son had 3 pins, so that was good. Sorry 'bout the last one, Blue. (It was her team)

Hubby made a turkey on the grill and #1 son worked at Whole Foods until 4:30, but came home with a huge apple pie. #2 weighed himself about 10 times that day - we had to stand between him and the scale when he tried to weigh his plate.

Friday & Saturday was a team tournament. He had 2 pins, won two on points and got a forfeit Friday. Saturday I did concessions for a freshman quad, so I didn't get to see the varsity. #1 ran the kids' team practice so Dad could watch #2. He had 4 pins and a forfeit. I saw the film later.

We made big promises to spend Thanksgiving with my parents next year, when we'll be done with HS wrestling. Right now "Tis the Season" has an entirely different meaning at our house!
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    Still recovering.

Quad on Wednesday night. I was in charge of concessions. Got home at 11pm. My son had 3 pins, so that was good. Sorry 'bout the last one, Blue. (It was her team)

Hubby made a turkey on the grill and #1 son worked at Whole Foods until 4:30, but came home with a huge apple pie. #2 weighed himself about 10 times that day - we had to stand between him and the scale when he tried to weigh his plate.

Friday & Saturday was a team tournament. He had 2 pins, won two on points and got a forfeit Friday. Saturday I did concessions for a freshman quad, so I didn't get to see the varsity. #1 ran the kids' team practice so Dad could watch #2. He had 4 pins and a forfeit. I saw the film later.

We made big promises to spend Thanksgiving with my parents next year, when we'll be done with HS wrestling. Right now
    Let's see, I count it at 15-0 over the holiday.

"Tis the Season" has an entirely different meaning at our house!"

Yea, but it "Tis the best season."
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

There's not a wrestling event in the land that could be pulled off without the "wrestling moms" !
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

"Tis the Season" I liked that. Kids getting on the scale with the food they plan to eat in hand to see where they are at yup its "Tis the Season". If we can get some snow they can burn some of the thanks giving dinner up hunting for a christmas tree.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Let's see, I count it at 15-0 over the holiday.
    No, three on Wednesday, 5 on Friday and 5 on Saturday. Were you counting the turkey and the pie?
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    No, three on Wednesday, 5 on Friday and 5 on Saturday. Were you counting the turkey and the pie?
    2 X over the scale between meals.

(just can't add without my abacus)
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

He did beast the turkey and the pie.

Last edited by RYou; 12-03-2008 at 04:38 PM.