Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    First off, I'm not a public official, so to try to "make me accountable" is ludicrous and right out of the template of our modern society's ability to debate.

However, my last paragraph where I replied to you, essentially, answers the question.
    U still dont answer Quinns Q.

Default Re: Rep Ron Paul Appointed Chairman of Domestic Monetary Policy Subcommittee

"Why bright people in an advanced society can conclude that wealth can be increased by merely expanding the money supply is bewildering."
    "The problem isn't with the choices made by central bankers. The problem is that they possess the power to make any choice at all."
    From April 2008 to April 2009, the adjusted monetary base shot up from $856 billion to an unbelieveable $1.749 trillion. Was there any new wealth created? New production? No, this was the Ben Bernake printing press at work. If you and I did anything similar, we would be called counterfeiters and be sent away for a lifetime in prison. We would be scorned and hated by everyone as scam artists and racketeers.
    Bailout and Stimulus spending will only stimulate sectors of the economy that are failing. This is like trying to rid the world of gravity by throwing things up in the air."
    all quotes from Ron Paul

“The day the Fed came into being in 1913 may have been the beginning of the end, but the powers it obtained and the mischief it caused took a long time to become a serious issue and a concern for average Americans.”
    “Whenever I talk of a gold standard, there are always people ready to accuse me of having some obsession or fixation. Fetish is a word thrown around. In fact, I’m only observing reality: the idea of sound money in most of human history has been bound up with gold money.”
    On Mr. Bernanke: “There is something fishy about the head of the world’s most powerful government bureaucracy, one that is involved in a full-time counterfeiting operation to sustain monopolistic financial cartels, and the world’s most powerful central planner, who sets the price of money worldwide, proclaiming the glories of capitalism.”
    “Only the Federal Reserve can inflate the currency, creating new money and credit out of thin air, in secrecy, without oversight or supervision. Inflation facilitates deficits, needless wars and excessive welfare spending.”
    “Being in Congress in the late 1970s and early 1980s and serving on the House Banking Committee, I met and got to question several Federal Reserve chairmen: Arthur Burns, G. William Miller and Paul Volcker. Of the three, I had the most interaction with Volcker. He was more personable and smarter than the others, including the more recent board chairmen Alan Greenspan and Ben Bernanke.”
    “Artificially low interest rates are achieved by inflating the money supply, and they penalize the thrifty and cheat those who save. They promote consumption and borrowing over savings and investing. Manipulating interest rates is an immoral act. It’s economically destructive.”
    “Today, there is no principled opposition to the corporate bailouts and the Fed’s trillions of dollars of new credit and the takeover of insurance, mortgages, medical care, banks and the auto industry. The arguments have only been over amounts, financial vehicles, and which political group gets to wield the economic power. If there is no moral argument against the economic takeover of America, there will be no resistance to the dictator who rules over our lives with an iron fist.”
    The Obama Adminstration:
    “For the same reason a disease cannot be cured by more of the germ that caused it, the inflation and debt accumulation of the Obama years will not inflate our way out of it. This depression will likely last and last.”

Other quotes from America's favorite civil rights supporter. Take a look on vdare.com, a vile racist website, and see how often you see those folks ay these exact same things. We ought to be proud, indeed.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
    Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.

Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.

If similar in-depth studies were conducted in other major cities, who doubts that similar results would be produced? We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.

Perhaps the L.A. experience should not be surprising. The riots, burning, looting, and murders are only a continuation of 30 years of racial politics.The looting in L.A. was the welfare state without the voting booth. The elite have sent one message to black America for 30 years: you are entitled to something for nothing. That's what blacks got on the streets of L.A. for three days in April. Only they didn't ask their Congressmen to arrange the transfer.

Texas congressional candidate Ron Paul's 1992 political newsletter highlighted portrayals of blacks as inclined toward crime and lacking sense about top political issues.

Under the headline of "Terrorist Update," for instance, Paul reported on gang crime in Los Angeles and commented, "If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time."

... [I]n the same 1992 edition ... [Paul wrote], "We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

Paul also asserted that "complex embezzling" is conducted exclusively by non-blacks.

"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?" he wrote.

University of Texas affirmative action law professor Barbara Jordan is a fraud. Everything from her imitation British accent, to her supposed expertise in law, to her distinguished career in public service, is made up. If there were ever a modern case of the empress without clothes, this is it. She is the archetypical half-educated victimologist, yet her race and sex protect her from criticism.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post

What they don't like about the Civil Rights Acts is the segment that gives the government the right to tell people what to do & how to run their business. Nothing wrong with that. They have both said that publicly.
    His vote against the Civil Rights Act, coupled with his newsletters is enough to convince rational folks, indeed.

Sounds like what you hear on vdare.com
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

His vote against the Civil Rights Act, coupled with his newsletters is enough to convince rational folks, indeed. Sounds like what you hear on vdare.com
    Wow your facts ARE way OFF. The Civil Rights Act was voted upon in 1964 when RP wasn't even in office. Way to go & propagate more lies.

Their argument is about the UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of the Ciivl Right Act as on paper it sounds great but it opens the door for Government to come in & tell you who you can & cannot have as a customer or allow on your property. It is a double edged sword. As a business owner I understand that. Anyone with common sense can see it.

Yes you want to defend the rights of EVERYONE but when the US Government puts that decision as to what you have to do under threat of criminal action then it could become an area where someone could use it for political & power purposes NOT the goodwill it was intended.

That's a person interested in LIBERTY FOR ALL not just a knee jerk reaction to a cultural problem. Our Government is famous for KNEE JERK REACTIONS.

Ban
    Pls go start another thread called Ron Paul is a racist. This is a thread about Monetary policy but it is completely obvious that either you cannot read that thread topic or are just belligerently ignoring it as if to just to say I DONT CARE IF I AM OFF TOPIC.
    Last edited by kr1963; 01-24-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Fair enough.

Because I devoted my life to fighting for equality for all folks 15+ years ago, part of that responsibility to myself (and to our society, I believe) is to call out ideas that are counter to these fundamental notions of equality that our society is supposed to guarantee and uphold.

Paul, because of his history-and it is MUCH longer than the newsletters-deserves to be called out, ESPECIALLY because he is a public figure, and a former Presidential candidate.

And, yes, I hold these beliefs for ALL elected representatives who hold such vile views. See the last paragrpah of post #43.
    Newsletters he didnt write.

Go try & find an audio/visual QUOTE of RP saying any of that. You never will.

And you still can't answer Quinn's Q & you are still Off topic.

Ok so does anyone here want to discuss RP's book END THE FED, the consequences of having a FIAT currency & Central bank & how awesome it is or is not that RP is now the Chairman of the Domestic Fiscal Policy Subcommitee????

KR I like the idea of Ron Paul being there but remember when Jackson did away with the US Bank it caused the first depression in America. So I think Paul needs to careful at this time with his ideas about the fed.

I am on board with his views on printing money and our economic ways, I think he can do some good.