Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How do I get Cauliflower Ear?

Default Re: How do I get Cauliflower Ear?

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    All things considered, I think the worst part is that I can't wear ear-bud style headphones - they keep falling out of the messed up ear. That really does suck.
    Damn...your ears must look like a freak'n radar dish...I always wanted a friend who could pull in ESPN while tailgating...You like the Pittsburgh Steelers? There is free steak and beer in it.

You know, there are guys who do want it and will take a hammer to their ears to get it, and some that do that and still dont get it. It just hurts a whole lot and still no cauliflower (or so Ive heard). I think most of the guys on here saying its so terrible actually got it easily (the natural way). I would like to hear from someone who tried intentionally to get it and got it - from hitting himself or whatever. Are they happy with their new ears? And for the dude with the earphone problem - just tie a towel or headband around your head and ears.

I have a very mild case of it and I can tell you from my perspective that first, each time it has happened, my ears felt like they were on fire for almost a week, even to the touch of finger tips. All that blood trying to repair your ears is working hard and it is not comfy at all. Second, forget trying to sleep on that side of your head. You'll be miserable and exhausted just trying to make sure that you don't endure the pain of your eight pound head rolling over on it. Third, it can be painful enough to drop you to a knee when touched, given the severity. I've not ever had it that bad, but a good friend of mine who was an All-American has and he said that it was until then that he thought cauliflower ear was pretty cool. Since then he thinks it is the most ridiculous, useless "badge of honor" someone could want for themselves. Last, unless you associate with no one but wrestlers (and Bluestater) for the rest of your life, which is highly unlikely, most people think it is really stupid, especially when they find out you could have taken some pretty easy steps to avoid/prevent it.

To bad he didn't ask for a bunch of smart ass remarks. You'd be surprised at the people who intentionally get vegetation on their ears.

NCAA Champ

Quote Originally Posted by dlong66 View Post
    To bad he didn't ask for a bunch of smart ass remarks. You'd be surprised at the people who intentionally get vegetation on their ears.

Yeah, they are called idiots...

How do I get scurvy? It's a badge of honor for most pirates, and I can't seem to even get some of the first symptoms. My gums are tender thats it!
    Please help!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mtsuwrestling View Post
    What is the best way to get cauliflower ear, its a badge for wrestlers and ive been wrestling for years but cant get it. Pointers?

Caulifloweron. Apply directly to the ear.
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: Cauliflower Ear

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Sit in front of a mirror and pound your fists against your ears as hard as you can for as long as you can. When the guy in the mirror begins to look like a moron, you're done.
    This has to be considered one of the all time classic posts.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    How do I get scurvy? It's a badge of honor for most pirates, and I can't seem to even get some of the first symptoms. My gums are tender thats it!
    Please help!
    Aye, Matey, me and me swarthy band of brigands agree with yee...
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?