Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Valley, MN High School Wrestling Coach Jim Jackson

Default Re: Apple Valley, MN High School Wrestling Coach Jim Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by sitandspin View Post
    I was told tha Kemp killed himself some years back. Your right his life did suck. His father was an ass and everyone knew it, even the coaches. I'm not sure that cutting weight had anything to do with making his life worse, per se.

Do the varsity wrestlers still have to help with the VAA?
    Yes, they do.

i ran in to Joey Vennewitz about five years ago and we talked about the old days...when I was there I was fighting for time between he and brian kemp at 98 and 105...that kind of blew but then it was kind of sad i thought that both of these guys who were a freshman and a sophomore at the time were still wrestling at these weights two years later...that is ridiculous...joey was short and cut but still had a tough time making weight i am sure...i moved to mankato east my junior and senior years and moved up to 112 and then 119...

the intensity at mankato east was no where near apple valley's but i fell back in love with the sport when i moved to mankato...the coaches were good guys and i got to wrestle against some pretty good lightweights (david lindblom and andre harnitz) who continued to wrestle with some great success in Division II.

actually, coaching the VAA wrestling program was some of the better memories i have of wrestling in apple valley...watching a second grader throw a monster head lock was awesome!!! someone was always crying too...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Why even post this who cares about this they buy all there wrestlers from around the state in my opinion they run an unfair program

I didn't get bought to wrestle there...

Shankey didn't, Fesslers didn't, McCauley didn't, etc... It isn't cheating when you are the best option in the state for an athlete to earn a scholarship- its called dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan2 View Post
    Why even post this who cares about this they buy all there wrestlers from around the state in my opinion they run an unfair program
    thats ridiculous...there have been some instances where some wrestlers certainly came to apple valley from other areas and joined the wrestling program but as Schlottke said, these decisions are made by the parents...its ridiculous to think they are actually recruiting these wrestlers...what can they truly offer them other than an opportunity to wrestle on a good highschool team?

that being said, if you look up and down the roster it is completely stocked with AV wrestlers who started with the elementary school programs...there have also been quite a few years where when the team won the state title, they won it so convincingly that one wrestler out of 13 on the team that may have come from out of state would not have made the difference...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan2 View Post

Funny stuff....How can you blame AV? When wrestling families are moving into the area and wanting their kids to wrestle for the best. If I were in the area, I would do the same for my boys.

why do i feel like bigdan2 just baited me into that comment?

i just got reeled in....

of course he did..

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    why do i feel like bigdan2 just baited me into that comment?

i just got reeled in....
    Don't know the connection here, but I guess I got hooked big time