2nd rund vs Kenzheev (KGZ)

semifinal vs one of the many Kumars

final vs Lee (KOR)

Default Re: Asian Games of Guangzhou

96 kg champ Babak Ghorbani

Rd1 vs Abduloev (TJK)

Rd2 vs Saldadze (UZB)

semis vs Erkimbaev (KGZ)

final vs Mambetov (3rd at the 2008 Olympics)

Mambetov applying a special technique

Jimbo, who of the 2010 world medalist will reach the finals at 120 GR tomorrow (actually, in 4 hours only)?
    96-kg world champ Aliakbar of Iran (beat Hushtov) or 120-kg bronze medalist Tinaliev of Kazakhstan (beat Baroev)?

Last edited by akzent; 11-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    today's final

84kg: Nematpour / Lee
    Can someone help me witht eh Greco rules / scoring?
    I assume Nemapour two takedown were "waved off" and there was no score becasue he grabbed the legs.
    Wouldn't he get a penalty for a using a leg technique?

Generally, when you make an offensive move and touch the legs, the points are waved off but you aren't penalized otherwise. If you use legs to block an opponent's attack, that's when you get the penalty applied against you.

Why did Akbari move up to 120 kg?

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Jimbo, who of the 2010 world medalist will reach the finals at 120 GR tomorrow (actually, in 4 hours only)?
    96-kg world champ Aliakbar of Iran (beat Hushtov) or 120-kg bronze medalist Tinaliev of Kazakhstan (beat Baroev)?

AliAkbari lost narrowly 0-1,1-0,0-1 , no technical point, but the Iranian coaches are extremely angry with the officiating !! Chinese TV only cover the Mat A, so I didn't watch the match yet.

nothing new, officiating is always against Iran in Asian Games, even today in freestyle Rahimi didn't lose to Mansurov, he lost to the refs. Mansurov won both periods for doing nothing !

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Generally, when you make an offensive move and touch the legs, the points are waved off but you aren't penalized otherwise. If you use legs to block an opponent's attack, that's when you get the penalty applied against you.

Why did Akbari move up to 120 kg?
    because Iran has Ghorbani in 96 and no one in 120 ! AliAkbari will stay at 96.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    I don't think Pardeep is Sushil's brother. Just another Kumar.
    You are right they are probably not related, i can't find anything on it through google, i saw a interview of sushil where he said "pradeep is my younger brother and i am training with him for the asian games", even the interviewer got confused and thought they were brothers and started addressing pradeep as sushil's brother. Sushil probably calls him his younger brother because they are good friends.

Aliakbar wrestled at 120 ealier this year - at Baku Grand Prix.

Why did he get disqualified (from the competition!) after the match vs Tinaliev today? For KO'ing any referee?

Bad day for Iranians today. 120GR, 55FS, 60FS - no one could medal. They seem to have really won vs. Yemeni guys only. (Both 55 Rahimi & 60 Ahmadi faced wrestlers of Yemen.)
    Last edited by akzent; 11-23-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Any video of the freestyle matches? I especially want to see Mansurov vs Yang.