Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TSA Screening

Default Re: TSA Screening

I think we should listen more to our good friend Benjamin Franklin....

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

"All Wars are Follies, very expensive, and very mischievous ones. When will Mankind be convinced of this, and agree to settle their Differences by Arbitration? Were they to do it, even by the Cast of a Dye, it would be better than by Fighting and destroying each other."

"There never was a good war or a bad peace."

If any of you have read George Orwell's classic "1984" you will see that we are in the middle of a war that will never end.The media will always paint a picture of this constant threat in which we need to protect ourselves from. The threat we need to protect ourselves from, in reality, is the Corporatocracy which has infiltrated our government so that all political decisions are made solely upon what will help this corporations make the biggest profit WITH NO REGARD FOR ETHICS & MORALS.

The war in Iraq & the war on terror have gone on now longer then the US involvement in WW I & WW II COMBINED. No one says a thing. 5 years ago I made a short video about the war & I mention it in that it costs the US $275 million PER DAY to run that War. Someone is making all that money while thousands die & others grab control of Iraq's natural resources, which they are making even more profits with.

The entire TSA PAT DOWN policy & screening machines is just another small step in the erosion to our liberties which we apparently are all agreeing to.

If you know the story of THE SHEIK & THE CAMEL then that should warn you about what is really happening.

One day we will wake up & our liberties will be so well eroded that we will have martial law & everyone will be yawning about it. If it had happened over night then we all would been up in arms about it, (literally).

Well said, kr1963!

Thank God that you said this! Had I-which I believe every word-I couldn't imagine the firestorm of rage that would have ensued! I pretty much say "hello" and people go into rages.

Well done!!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I support the airport body searches and scans. I feel everyone boarding a flight should be searched including the flight crew and pilots. I don't see any erosion of our rights as anyone can refuse the search and opt to walk, jog, swim or drive to our destination.

I've flown in and out of quite a few international airports and of them the U.S. is finally catching up. In Beijing there are two screening points and you are subject to hand searches.

As for profiling, I support that too. I profiled for years and what I did was never illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Well said, kr1963!

Thank God that you said this! Had I-which I believe every word-I couldn't imagine the firestorm of rage that would have ensued! I pretty much say "hello" and people go into rages.

Well done!!
    I own my own business. I am all for making profit however not @ the expense of others.

We had a workable system for years in terms of Airport Security. 9/11 happens & people over-react.

PM-that is the sort of REASONABLENESS that Mr Franklin warned us against.

KR, on this subject I find Brandeis much more compelling than Benjamin Franklin.

While I agree with your sig, PM & with Justice Brandeis, I do not believe that he would agree with your post, to which I refer.

I am sure he would be appalled by much of what has happened in our country, especially over the past 15 years. And I am sure he was in agreement with Mr Franklin as far as politics & liberty are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I think we should listen more to our good friend Benjamin Franklin....

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

"All Wars are Follies, very expensive, and very mischievous ones. When will Mankind be convinced of this, and agree to settle their Differences by Arbitration? Were they to do it, even by the Cast of a Dye, it would be better than by Fighting and destroying each other."

"There never was a good war or a bad peace."

If any of you have read George Orwell's classic "1984" you will see that we are in the middle of a war that will never end.The media will always paint a picture of this constant threat in which we need to protect ourselves from. The threat we need to protect ourselves from, in reality, is the Corporatocracy which has infiltrated our government so that all political decisions are made solely upon what will help this corporations make the biggest profit WITH NO REGARD FOR ETHICS & MORALS.

The war in Iraq & the war on terror have gone on now longer then the US involvement in WW I & WW II COMBINED. No one says a thing. 5 years ago I made a short video about the war & I mention it in that it costs the US $275 million PER DAY to run that War. Someone is making all that money while thousands die & others grab control of Iraq's natural resources, which they are making even more profits with.

The entire TSA PAT DOWN policy & screening machines is just another small step in the erosion to our liberties which we apparently are all agreeing to.

If you know the story of THE SHEIK & THE CAMEL then that should warn you about what is really happening.

One day we will wake up & our liberties will be so well eroded that we will have martial law & everyone will be yawning about it. If it had happened over night then we all would been up in arms about it, (literally).

I agree with most of your post, except about war. Some people don't respond to diplomacy or arbitration. Iraq was a perfect example. They disregarded years of UN sanctions. Bush gave them the ultimatum to let inspectors in and prove that he didn't have WMD's. He played games. We had to act or it would have never ended. Not to mention the fact that he killed millions of innocent people with chemical warfare and routinely killed anyone who opposed him. The Taliban in Afganastan did the same. The people who lived in fear, including the women who had NO rights, needed to be freed and diplomacy didn't do it.

But I do agree that the scanners at the airport are going too far. I don't trust the government to stop here because we have seen too many times that they NEVER stop where they say they will. They may wait a few years or decades, but they always move forward with everything they do. This is just the start of more things to come if it isn't stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I agree with most of your post, except about war. Some people don't respond to diplomacy or arbitration. Iraq was a perfect example. They disregarded years of UN sanctions. Bush gave them the ultimatum to let inspectors in and prove that he didn't have WMD's. He played games. We had to act or it would have never ended. Not to mention the fact that he killed millions of innocent people with chemical warfare and routinely killed anyone who opposed him. The Taliban in Afganastan did the same. The people who lived in fear, including the women who had NO rights, needed to be freed and diplomacy didn't do it.
    If you believe what the MSM spoon feeds you about Iraq then your position would be tenable & exceptable.

Iraq was a created country, created by basically the British government, (Kuwait was apart of the same territory, btw). Hussein rose to power & then was held in power with the help of the US & UK. All the chemical warfare against the Iranians & Kurds were done so with American knowledge, weapons & support. The concept of "Failed Diplomacy" doesn't apply here as the US plan was to gain control over Iraqi resources whether they had the cooperation of Hussein or not. When he would not play along, they took him out.

If you want another viewpoint of someone who was apart of the development of US control of the Middle East try reading John Perkins CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HITMAN, (Books : John Perkins Official Web Site )

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    The concept of "Failed Diplomacy" doesn't apply here as the US plan was to gain control over Iraqi resources whether they had the cooperation of Hussein or not. When he would not play along, they took him out.
    It wasn't just a US plan. There were UN sanctions for years that were first put in place when Bush 1 was President. He ignored them throughout the Clinton administration and all Clinton did was try to talk. That didn't work. Iraq paid suicide bombers and harbored terrorists. The UN held a unanimous vote when Bush 2 was President that if Iraq failed to comply with the sanctions again, that military force would be used. To imply that this was just the US is false. The implication that we just wanted their resources is also false.

The information that the WORLD had, indicated that Iraq had WMD's. In a unanimous vote they all agreed to take him out if need be. Let us all not forget that it freed millions of Arabs and Muslims, too. If we wanted their resources, can you show me how it is benefitting us? I am really asking because I don't see any benefit of their resources at the gas pumps or anywhere else.