Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible All Star Match Bonus Points: Please Comment

Default Possible All Star Match Bonus Points: Please Comment

Lost has brought this to my attention, so I figure I'll submit it to you guys.

In order to mediate the pain of having a guy selected for the All Star match and possibly missing out on tournament points what I'd do if this is approved is bump the scoring up from 3/4/5/6 to 9/10/11/12 for guys who win in this match.

Let me know what you guys think.

Default Re: Possible All Star Match Bonus Points: Please Comment

I like it.

For next year maybe include a bonus for being invited, say 5 points, and the winner would score 8/9/10/11? Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Round of 12

I like it, I also agree the guy that loses should get a little something for giving up the points that possibly would be scored if they were somewhere else. One question is if the team is not going anywhere else do they get the bonus? If they weren't going to wrestle anyways, I don't now if that big of a bonus is warranted.

I have nobody in the All-Star, so I am totally and completely against that.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I'm not giving points to guys who lose, or at least I'm not planning on it.

That is just incomprehensible to me.

I , for one , am against this . Amu is going at 74 and I just look at it as he got dinged in practice and missed a few matches.

Don't care either way
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

I like it...I think its reasonable...just give double points since the opponent is theoretically a "high quality" opponent.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I think a 5 point bonus to the guy who loses is reasonable and should be put into place as well. Think of it this way, we give a 5 point bonus to guys who lose in the finals match of Midlands/Reno/CKLV/Scuffle. You can argue that those guys had to earn their way to that position, but you can also say the same thing about the allstar, since selection is usually based on past results.

If you look at the way the early season tournaments line up, there are a lot of guys missing time. I know that Oliver, Foster, Yohn, Gelogaev, LeValley, Trice, and Gillespie will all be missing scoring tournaments to attend, and I'm sure some other guys are missing duals as well. Even if those guys win they'll still probably score less then they would have the tournaments they were scheduled to attend, and if they lose in the allstar they are scoring a big fat 0 for a guy who probably anticipated them to score 15+ during that week.

If Sonny Yohn loses to Clayton Foster is it really fair to give the guy 0 knowing he probably would have taken at least 2nd or 3rd at the KB and won several matches?

I'm saying this as someone who only has one guy going to the allstar and who is favored to win that match (LeValley vs Torsten).
    Gold is an idiot.