Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft in one day

Default Re: Draft in one day

The fact that Herk is against a one-day draft suddenly gives it tremendous appeal.

It was pretty obvious who would be the one to slow down the process...The guy who knew he had the first pick for 2 weeks, is obsessed with the hawkeyes and still took a few hours to select Metcalf last year. Some people can slow things down at a professional level.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

He must work for the government.

Herk if you want to drag it out then I assume you would be willing to volunteer your time to run the draft.

Vais, you wanted me to start drafting two days before it even was scheduled to start. I knew who I was taking first round but after that I wasnt ready yet. Then on draft day you badgered me enough so that I made the decision to make you wait an hour or so. It may be a character flaw, but thats the kind of stubborness that is in my genes. You can thank my Grandpa for that. Right or wrong, I'd probably handle it the same way if the situation were to arise again.

I don't work for the government, but if I did, I could probably take as much time as I would like for a fantasy draft

I will do whatever Gold wants to do since he is running the show, and if my time allows it. I just like the previous format. I enjoyed doing it the way we did it and I'm not in favor of changing it. Call me old fashioned but I live by the rule of; If it aint broke, don't fix it. I don't think it's broken.

Google Sofia Vergara...You'll be glad you did.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Shoot hank, I can still get to town and back in my horse and buggy, ain't no sense in gettin one of dem dere au-to-mo-beels. I say if it aint broke don't fix it!

Dang it lyle, what's a matter with just writin someone a letter? Why would I wants to get an innernet so i can type me an email? I say if it ain't broke don't fix it!

VA, some people have busy lives and cannot spend all day every day on internet message boards like you seem to do. Like I said earlier, I don't have much free time between now and the start of wrestling season. If Gold decides to do the draft in this manner I will have to deal with it. But there is a good chance that I won't be able to participate because I rarely have a couple of hours or an evening to dedicated to one thing. That was the beauty of the draft the past two years. You could go about your life and check in every now and then to see how things were going. It also allowed you some time to find a computer, or finish a meeting, or play a game of catch with your kid, or shingle your grandmothers house, and still participate in the draft. I like fantasy wrestling but it's by far not my top priotety, so if I'm free during the draft, I can play, if not I guess I won't get to this year which would suck for me.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Her k it is only convenient for those not running the draft. The ones running it have to dedicate multiple hours on multiple days. So why is that alright but when it comes to you its not.

Don't you understand Ugly? Herk is the only one here with a "life." The rest of us are just internet nerds who live off of government money and just look at wrestling related things all day.