Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 57

Thread: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

  1. #19
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Take overt racial hatred out of the picture and you'll find that your typical American will side perfectly with what full blown, avowed racists will believe in. They will come on the same side of the fence in regards to gay rights, immigration, "illegal" immigration, affirmative action, President Obama, and on and on.
    So are you saying that coming down "on the same side of the fence" that overt racists come down on makes you a racist?


  2. #20
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Ban said "I cannot think of one solitary instance where he made up a race issue."

    Bwahahaha! (rolling on the ground)

    ?He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship?between business partners?and LeBron honored his contract.?

    Totally uncalled for.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  3. #21

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    "However, membership in white racist organizations is almost irrelevant, as your typical person sides very closely with the beliefs of such persons. Take overt racial hatred out of the picture and you'll find that your typical American will side perfectly with what full blown, avowed racists will believe in. They will come on the same side of the fence in regards to gay rights, immigration, "illegal" immigration, affirmative action, President Obama, and on and on. I always teach that the diference between overt racists and regular folks is as much as one strand of hair."


    You are stereotyping, Ban.

    Pretty seriously, in fact.
    Really? Funny how data shows us completely the opposite of what you say. Do the majority of Americans oppose the things that I have listed above? I'll make it easy for you: yes, they do, by quite sizable numbers. If you have data to counter it, let me know, as I should certainly know about it.

    So, if I go by what the numbers and data shows me, am I sterotyping? If so, then strike me down Lord, for I am sterotyping.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    What is your idea of a "typical" American? Are people from all races considered "typical" to you?
    Typical is what surveys and polls have shown us for decades. In my business, we use that word a lot, but it ALWAYS refers to a majority.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    So are you saying that coming down "on the same side of the fence" that overt racists come down on makes you a racist?
    Not necessarily, but I am saying that they are the same beliefs, ideologically. As I said, keep the violent talk out of the picture, and those folks will agree on these issues to a "t."

    And, yes, in an even more general sense, I've met few peole who have been raised in our culture to not harbor prejudiced feelings. It would be virtually impossible.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #24

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Ban said "I cannot think of one solitary instance where he made up a race issue."

    Bwahahaha! (rolling on the ground)

    “He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship—between business partners—and LeBron honored his contract.”

    Totally uncalled for.
    I"ll proudly plead ignorant to any of this; I don't follow the issue, nor will I.

    However, have another instance where he "made up race issues?"

    Isn't it funny how we can find ONE documented instance where Jackson apparently "made up a race issue," while for decades he has been showing us specific race issues that were not made up, yet the ONE instance is what defines him with white people.

    Why is that? I'm curious...
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #25

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Typical is what surveys and polls have shown us for decades. In my business, we use that word a lot, but it ALWAYS refers to a majority.
    So by majority do you mean white? Or do you mean what the majority of Americans from all races think?

  8. #26

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So by majority do you mean white? Or do you mean what the majority of Americans from all races think?
    The majority of Americans. When you break some of the issues down by race (affirmative action, immigration, etc), the differences become even more pronounced, as you would probably imagine.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #27

    Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

    And as a quick FYI for folks, I'm not going to change my stance on these issues. My religion disallows me to do it (Lutheran), my personal convictions disallow me to do it, as does my profession. In short, I'm not going to play the tedious pissing match that usually results from "discussions" about racial injustice and inequality.

    Unless folks have data to show me that counters everything I've said, then I'm over and out on this issue.

    How's that, Flop the Nuts?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •