Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lesnar Submits Carwin

Default Re: Lesnar Submits Carwin

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Maybe next time he should train on the Space Shuttle, then....
    I dont know if you've ever trained at altitude but it makes a difference when you go back to sea level just like training at sea level does not prepare you for competing at altitude.

I have trained at altitude. It helps, but it's hardly some cure-all. It's a totally overrated factor. It helps. Carwin trains at altitude, and yet there he was, gassed out after 3 minutes, and he's always breathing heavily through his mouth after interviews. Tito has gassed out in several fights where he doesn't control top position. Etc, etc.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I agree it might be slightly over rated but I have seen college wrestlers go to western state and wrestle at 7000 ft and be completely done after the first period. I think he just punched himself out, he didnt pace himself correctly. I also agree with jersey that had an adrenaline dump. If it happens again I would be willing to question his cardio.

If your saying that altitude is not a substitute for working hard I agree.you cant half ass your cardio and expect altitude to do the rest.

Am I the only one who would have stopped the fight if I were a ref? I was rooting for Lesner and won money, but I thought for sure it would be stopped when he covered up on his back like he did.

Turning away in the fetal position for 5 or more seconds should constitute a stoppage. Its should be considered a surrender. Its not fair to the fighter on top.

I don't care what the fanboys are saying, Brock was panicking before he was even hit. He retreated very cowardly. I saw a moment when he was against the fence where he could have gone for a takedown, he instead chose to drop down to the turtle position. I was very disappointed. Now he is being praised for his chin and heart. I saw little heart in round 1. Very disappointing. I was telling people what an animal he was. He didn't land a single punch.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Turning away in the fetal position for 5 or more seconds should constitute a stoppage. Its should be considered a surrender. Its not fair to the fighter on top.

I don't care what the fanboys are saying, Brock was panicking before he was even hit. He retreated very cowardly. I saw a moment when he was against the fence where he could have gone for a takedown, he instead chose to drop down to the turtle position. I was very disappointed. Now he is being praised for his chin and heart. I saw little heart in round 1. Very disappointing. I was telling people what an animal he was. He didn't land a single punch.
    Shocking.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I thought it was a good job by the ref. Lesnar reacts very negatively to being punched, carwin hits hard but it didnt seem like he landed his best shots and lesnar went running and ducking.

I agree PJ. However Brock was pretty borderline when he covered up facing down. That is not "intelligently defending" unless you make an exception for a 270 pound fighter teeing off on you. There has to be a rule for the amount of time a fighter is allowed to turtle up facing away from his oponent. Brock admitted he was lucky it wasn't stopped. I am sure he is very thankful to Mr. Rosenthal.

I do admit, I was proud to see a wrestler finish with the arm triangle. I really think wrestlers could and should be very high percentage submission artists.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal