Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Is God Punishing the Gulf

Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I wonder if my point got across regardless of whether there was a grammatical error and something tells me it irrefutably did. Nuff said. And oh by the way, I know there is no such word as nuff, but again, my point is made.;-) Oh and BTW, I challenge you to find the place where I claimed to be infallible. LOL
    I never said you said you were infallible. I'm just pointing out that you may not be as smart as you think. Debating a point is fine, but when you do it like you are the smartest man in the world and anyone who disagrees is dumb, it turns people off. I am willing to learn, but not from someone who starts out by telling me I'm stoopid. You just need to work on your debating skills, because you might have good points but most people aren't going to read them when you insult them.

No harm, though. Maybe we've both learned.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I never said you said you were infallible. I'm just pointing out that you may not be as smart as you think. Debating a point is fine, but when you do it like you are the smartest man in the world and anyone who disagrees is dumb, it turns people off. I am willing to learn, but not from someone who starts out by telling me I'm stoopid. You just need to work on your debating skills, because you might have good points but most people aren't going to read them when you insult them.

No harm, though. Maybe we've both learned.
    Quinn, you cannot show where I ever claimed to be the smartest man in the world. Nor can you show where I called you stupid. If you put words in my mouth or in my writing that are not there there is nothing I can do about it. It would appear to be a problem you have.

Quinn, you cannot show where I ever claimed to be the smartest man in the world. Nor can you show where I called you stupid. If you put words in my mouth or in my writing that are not there there is nothing I can do about it. It would appear to be a problem you have.
    When you call people an idiot, you are not calling them stupid?
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    When you call people an idiot, you are not calling them stupid?
    Show us all where I called Quinn an idiot. You cannot because I did not. I said anyone who believes the story of Adam and Eve is anything but a metaphor is an idiot. And then I asked him if what he was, idiot or not. Sorry but that severely fails the test of calling him an idiot. I in fact assume he is smart enough to realize that the story of Adam and Eve is not "literally" true. You are not thinking as highly of his intelligence as I am.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 07-05-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Show us all where I called you an idiot. You cannot because I did not. I said anyone who believes the story of Adam and Eve is anything but a metaphor is an idiot. And then I asked you if you what you were, idiot or not. Sorry but that severely fails the test of calling you an idiot. Are you now saying that you are answering that question I posed?
    This post makes my head hurt. This is some seriously messed up logic. Seriously, dude, can't you debate without name calling?
    Last edited by arm-spin; 07-05-2010 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    This post makes my head hurt. This is some seriously messed up logic. Seriously, dude, can't you debate without name calling?
    Serious dude show us where one time in this thread I called anyone any name. Serious, try using that thing called a brain for once.

arm-spin, that is a challenge, cut and paste the post where I supposedly called anyone a name? Good luck with that one.

Serious dude show us where one time in this thread I called anyone any name. Serious, try using that thing called a brain for once.
    If Quinn and Whippet believe in Adam and Eve being literal did you not call them idiots. If they intimated that they believed in the literal telling of adam and eve and you then posted anyone who believes the story is anything other than a metaphor is a idiot, have not just called them idiots or at the least implied that you believe their beliefs are idiotic and in the same vein they are idiots for having the thoughts?

If I said to you "I hate chocolate" and you responded "people who hate chocolate are stupid", did you not just call me stupid. Now if we flipped the conversation and you spoke first then I would say you did not call me stupid because you had no idea of my position on the issue. However after you have been given information about my beliefs and then you choose to say that those beliefs are stupid you are in fact calling me stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    If Quinn and Whippet believe in Adam and Eve being literal did you not call them idiots. If they intimated that they believed in the literal telling of adam and eve and you then posted anyone who believes the story is anything other than a metaphor is a idiot, have not just called them idiots or at the least implied that you believe their beliefs are idiotic and in the same vein they are idiots for having the thoughts?

If I said to you "I hate chocolate" and you responded "people who hate chocolate are stupid", did you not just call me stupid. Now if we flipped the conversation and you spoke first then I would say you did not call me stupid because you had no idea of my position on the issue. However after you have been given information about my beliefs and then you choose to say that those beliefs are stupid you are in fact calling me stupid.
    I have not seen either whippet or quinn say they believe in the literal story of Adam and Eve, have you?

But yes, anyone who does believe in that story literally is a few cards short of a full deck. That would be like literally believing in the story of Jonah being in the belly of a whale or in the story of Samson. Both clearly were just stories to get a moral lesson across. You have to have a few screws loose to believe them literally.