Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Cops No Longer Need Radar to Give Speeding Tickets

Default Re: Ohio Cops No Longer Need Radar to Give Speeding Tickets

Cops never know what they are about to get into when they come up on a traffic stop. It could be a nice little old dentist from Connecticut who never drives over 55 except on Sundays - or it could be a serial killer with a fresh body in the back seat. If you can allay his anxiety a bit it accomplishes two things - 1) It relaxes him a little, making him more ameniable to the idea of just warning you. 2) It plants the idea that maybe you are part of the fraternity.
    When I see the lights come on, I roll down the driver's side window and give a brief wave to indicate that I am aware of the officer. I also turn on my signal to pull over. I then continue driving until I get to a wide shoulder, a gore point, or an exit where the officer and I will both be safe. Pull over - way over. Windows down, engine and radio off, dome light on. Both hands resting on the steering wheel - and they stay there! When the officer approaches the car be polite and (if you can) friendly. When he asks for your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance, tell him where they are located before you reach for them. I carry my wallet in a bag under the driver's seat. I tell the officer "My wallet is in a bag under the seat - may I reach for it?" If it was in my back pocket I would say "My wallet is in my right rear pocket - may I reach for it?" Until he says yes my hands don't leave the steering wheel. When I unzip the bag I make sure he can see in before I reach for the wallet - I don't want my hand disappearing. My movements are a little slower than normal. Same thing for my registration. "The registration and insurance card are in a book in the glove compartment. May I reach for it?" Nothing is done quickly, nothing is done without permission.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    $pider, I'd be happy to pa$$ along a few $ugge$$tion$ if nece$$ary.
    You mean I should type my answers to him using a typewriter with a broken "s" key?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    you mean i should type my answers to him using a typewriter with a broken "s" key?
    lol
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Cops never know what they are about to get into when they come up on a traffic stop. It could be a nice little old dentist from Connecticut who never drives over 55 except on Sundays - or it could be a serial killer with a fresh body in the back seat. If you can allay his anxiety a bit it accomplishes two things - 1) It relaxes him a little, making him more ameniable to the idea of just warning you. 2) It plants the idea that maybe you are part of the fraternity.
    When I see the lights come on, I roll down the driver's side window and give a brief wave to indicate that I am aware of the officer. I also turn on my signal to pull over. I then continue driving until I get to a wide shoulder, a gore point, or an exit where the officer and I will both be safe. Pull over - way over. Windows down, engine and radio off, dome light on. Both hands resting on the steering wheel - and they stay there! When the officer approaches the car be polite and (if you can) friendly. When he asks for your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance, tell him where they are located before you reach for them. I carry my wallet in a bag under the driver's seat. I tell the officer "My wallet is in a bag under the seat - may I reach for it?" If it was in my back pocket I would say "My wallet is in my right rear pocket - may I reach for it?" Until he says yes my hands don't leave the steering wheel. When I unzip the bag I make sure he can see in before I reach for the wallet - I don't want my hand disappearing. My movements are a little slower than normal. Same thing for my registration. "The registration and insurance card are in a book in the glove compartment. May I reach for it?" Nothing is done quickly, nothing is done without permission.
    One other thing; don't insult the officer by obviously lying. The last time I was pulled he asked if I knew why, I said not really. He then asked how fast I was going and I said around 60 - he clocked it at 59. It was a 45 zone but we were coming back from a long wresting trip and it was late and I honestly missed the sign (it was a rural road so unmarked means it is 55 or whatever is safe). I told him I didn't see it but didn't say it like it was an excuse to get out of the ticket. Just shrugged my shoulders in a "yeah I missed and that means I was speeding" way. I got a warning.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    One other thing; don't insult the officer by obviously lying. The last time I was pulled he asked if I knew why, I said not really. He then asked how fast I was going and I said around 60 - he clocked it at 59. It was a 45 zone but we were coming back from a long wresting trip and it was late and I honestly missed the sign (it was a rural road so unmarked means it is 55 or whatever is safe). I told him I didn't see it but didn't say it like it was an excuse to get out of the ticket. Just shrugged my shoulders in a "yeah I missed and that means I was speeding" way. I got a warning.
    Pussy!! Be a man and claim he's lying, rip up the ticket and scatter it along the road as you squeal your tires yelling f**k you pig!!

I've heard cops will rarely follow up if you do just that. Give it a try and let me know if it works out for you.

Kind of off tangent, but there is nothing more entertaining than sitting around drinking beers with cops as they tell stories. My father in law is a retired SF police officer, and he can entertain me for hours on end. The stupidity of criminals (or wannabe criminals) cannot be overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Kind of off tangent, but there is nothing more entertaining than sitting around drinking beers with cops as they tell stories. My father in law is a retired SF police officer, and he can entertain me for hours on end. The stupidity of criminals (or wannabe criminals) cannot be overstated.
    I just got done serving on my third and last week of grand jury. I recommend that if asked everyone should take the opportunity for the same reason. Since we hear several cases a day and just decide which ones should or shouldn't go to trial, you really hear some great stories. I imagine that cops have the same stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Agreed, they have some great stories!!

Strangely enough, they don't smarten up much when they get to prison.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.