Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: War on Terror

Default Re: War on Terror

The yahoos in the deep south of this country have access to knowledge. The ones in Iraq or Iran don't. So I think there is a difference between choosing not to learn and never having the opportunity.

Your comments on us putting the ones in power who do this is probably spot on. (I chose not to delve deeper, so I too am guilty of choosing to be ignorant on something.) But, the fact that you or anyone else in America can get that in depth about it proves that we do have access to the knowledge.

As far as electing them, so we are at fault, too. That's iffy. No one ever runs on a platform that says they are going to continue to cause world suffering. And until they are elected, how would we know if they would do that or not? Really, I'm asking because I don't know. I don't think we can trust anyone in politics, but what do you do? Is Wayne Root someone who would continue this? I like what he stands for, but it could all be lies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Time out over?

I could create a similar website about Catholics. It would carry the same inflammatory rhetoric and would be similarly skewed towards the lunatics (who abuse children and persecute gays) and similarly unfair to the mainstream believers.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Spider: NO you couldn't...Scroll down to "Put the Numbers in Perspective" ... It should expose your errored thinking... OR 'put up or shut up!' In other words; create one! http://thereligionofpeace.com/ re; Time out over? See Acts 12:7-9 (a miracle indeed) ;>)
    Last edited by Berean; 06-10-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Spider: NO you couldn't...Scroll down to "Put the Numbers in Perspective" ... It should expose your errored thinking...
    The numbers prove my point - you can't characterize an entire group of people by the behavior of a minority of extremists.

'put up or shut up!' In other words; create one! http://thereligionofpeace.com/ ...
    I've made my point and don't need to waste my time creating a website just to satisfy you.

re; Time out over? See Acts 12:7-9 (a miracle indeed) ;>)
    Oh, you mean that book that's always right because it's always right? No, thanks.

I see now I should have followed that wise advice: "Never roll in the mud with a pig. You both get covered with mud and the pig likes it." Nevemind, Berean, you're completely right. All Muslims are savage animals and should be eradicated from the earth. The Bible is the only true word of God and Jesus is the only way into heaven (any virgins waiting for me?).

P.S. I'm not going to go around and around on this, and any private messages you send me will be posted on the public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    I actually travel out of the country a lot and to some 3rd world countries. I am stereotyped based on my skin color, every person with lite or white skin they figure as an American without even hearing the person speak. In addition there are many stereotypes in these countries based on being an American. The crazy part is they aren't as bad as a lot of people here in the states like to make them out to be and many of them actually put us in a better light than we are actually in. In a lot of these places they actually like Americans and our culture. It is usally the younger generation 30 and below that really look up to Americans. That being said i haven't been to every country and met every person and I know there are those out there that do not like Americans our our capitalistic ventures.
    Chance, in my own travel adventures I found that American tourists have a reputation for being, well, rude and culturally insensitive (this according to both locals and travellers from other countries). Obviously, some fit this sterotype and many don't. Did you experience this 'vibe' while travelling as well?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Chance, in my own travel adventures I found that American tourists have a reputation for being, well, rude and culturally insensitive (this according to both locals and travellers from other countries). Obviously, some fit this sterotype and many don't. Did you experience this 'vibe' while travelling as well?
    There have been times in my travels when I've been embarassed by the behavior of my countrymen and women. Unfortunately, some people believe that if they have paid good money for a vacation abroad, every service person is their slave. I haven't felt any bad vibes toward myself, however, but being the sweet guy that I am, I wouldn't expect any.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    There have been times in my travels when I've been embarassed by the behavior of my countrymen and women. Unfortunately, some people believe that if they have paid good money for a vacation abroad, every service person is their slave. I haven't felt any bad vibes toward myself, however, but being the sweet guy that I am, I wouldn't expect any.
    Spider/Arm-Spin, i am not trying to say that American travelers are perfect. There have been many times where i have been embarressed by Americans. I have found it is usually the Europeans that do not like American travelers much. which is funny because everywhere else in the world they behave the worst.

I will say one thing though I was over in Manila the day after the big typhoon hit last year and there were a bunch of Marines there as well. I ended up hanging out with them for some time they really represented our country great!!! I was very impressed with their respect for the local culture and their general respect for all the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    There have been times in my travels when I've been embarassed by the behavior of my countrymen and women.
    Strangely enough, my wife and I were dressed as you see below in England and we heard whispers from other Americans that we were embarassing them. We could never figure out why!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNION%20JACK%20DRESS%20CROPPED%2029540.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	2612

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tr01.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	2613
    Last edited by ban basketball; 06-10-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.