Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 92

Thread: Rand Paul

  1. #46
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by ideamark View Post
    Sorry for the ramble, but thought some of you might find it interesting to see what some political pundits in the Bluegrass are saying about the man who, until his recent public comments, was thought to be a sure bet for being the next senator from Kentucky.

    Mark
    Sorry Mark but Rand was never considered the favorite or even close to being a shoo-in. This is what upsetting the MSM. That one of their boys got beaten & that someone who is an independent thinker is fighting his way into the system....

  2. #47

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Sorry Mark but Rand was never considered the favorite or even close to being a shoo-in. This is what upsetting the MSM. That one of their boys got beaten & that someone who is an independent thinker is fighting his way into the system....
    kr1963,

    You may well be better immersed in Kentucky politics than I am. With my statement about Paul = shoo-in, I meant that just about any Republican will beat just about any Democrat in statewide office in the Commonwealth. It's been a long time since Kentucky had a Dem senator.

    Mark

  3. #48

  4. #49
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Idea Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by ideamark View Post
    kr1963,

    You may well be better immersed in Kentucky politics than I am. With my statement about Paul = shoo-in, I meant that just about any Republican will beat just about any Democrat in statewide office in the Commonwealth. It's been a long time since Kentucky had a Dem senator.

    Mark
    The MSM news all over Yahoo & other internet sites have been talking about how all the Dems are drooling over the idea of running against Rand as they think that they can paint him with extremist colors & win as a result of that.

    But once again I state that all of these polarizing battles are NOT left vs right but really Globalist vs non-Globalists, Corporatism vs Constitutionalism.

    Any candidate who does not toe the MSM party line Globalist agenda will be attacked & hounded. In this land of "democracy" & "freedom" people who are not within the status quo are not only excluded but are crushed.

    IS that what our forefathers had envisioned? Or is that what our forefathers wanted to entirely avoid?

  5. #50

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Point of correction: it was my grandma. My aunt is deaf, and can't speak.

    How did my grandma pull that off? The same way that nearly all German immigrants who came to the U.S. did for the first 75 years that they were here on U.S. soil: they lived in self-sustaining German communes with no interest in assimilating or becoming "Americans."
    Without a doubt something like that could have happened back in the early 1900's. Do you honestly think that a german, mexican, or any other natural born American from another country could grow up from birth without having to learn English?

  6. #51

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Without a doubt something like that could have happened back in the early 1900's. Do you honestly think that a german, mexican, or any other natural born American from another country could grow up from birth without having to learn English?
    It could happen in large cities where there are Chinatowns, Japantowns, etc... I think it's less probable in smaller cities or rural areas.

  7. #52

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    It could happen in large cities where there are Chinatowns, Japantowns, etc... I think it's less probable in smaller cities or rural areas.
    Really? I thought with all the money we dump into education that things like that wouldn't slip through the cracks. Do you know that it does happen or are you guessing? This is shocking to me. If this does happen, then my tax dollars have been wasted.

    I really am curious if it happens or not.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Really? I thought with all the money we dump into education that things like that wouldn't slip through the cracks. Do you know that it does happen or are you guessing? This is shocking to me. If this does happen, then my tax dollars have been wasted.

    I really am curious if it happens or not.
    Some people choose not to learn English and are model Americans. I always find it humorous that people expect others to learn to speak and write English when it isn't our national language.

    Maybe we should make all non-native citizens and military personnel stationed in Honolulu learn to speak fluent Hawaiian.

  9. #54

    Default Re: Rand Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Some people choose not to learn English and are model Americans. I always find it humorous that people expect others to learn to speak and write English when it isn't our national language.

    Maybe we should make all non-native citizens and military personnel stationed in Honolulu learn to speak fluent Hawaiian.
    That comment doesn't make sense. English IS our national language. And people in Hawaii speak it. If you choose not to learn English, where do you go to school? That is the question.

    But if you do come over here legally, I am pretty damn sure you have to know english to become a citizen. So if it's not our national language, why is that? And if you can just choose not to speak the language for no reason, why can't someone choose not to serve you in their store? Most legal immigrants are proud to have earned citizenship and speak the language.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •