Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 55 to 63 of 67

Thread: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

  1. #55

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I realize that you are only making these points because you like to play devils advocate. So, I will do the same.

    What if I DO get offended by Spanish instructions (which have nothing to do with wearing a shirt to school). If I complain, should the makers of such instructions be made to stop doing it? I would say no. But, I also said that the kids wearing an American flag shirt in America shouldn't have been offended either.
    Go ahead and complain. That's your right. You also have the right to be a racist, which IMO you are.

    Wearing a flag shirt desecrates our great flag that millions have fought and died for.

    BTW, no one on this forum was there so no one really can conceptualize the situation. It's all anecdotal bullshit anyway.

  2. #56

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    So, will you apologize to me for calling me a socially derogatory name?!?
    If I offended you, I apologize.

  3. #57

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Go ahead and complain. That's your right. You also have the right to be a racist, which IMO you are.

    Wearing a flag shirt desecrates our great flag that millions have fought and died for.

    BTW, no one on this forum was there so no one really can conceptualize the situation. It's all anecdotal bullshit anyway.
    If those people were offended because they thought a shirt desecrated our flag, fine. But that wasn't why they got mad and you know it. Quit making dumb arguments. Focus WUW, focus.

  4. #58
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    I thought I was finished here, but I guess not, so I'll just say it one more time. If the kids (hispanic or not) wore the t-shirts with the intention of making an anti-cinqo de mayo statement (even as a joke), then it was wrong and they deserved to be called on it. If they just happened to wear those t-shirts that day with no agenda, then no harm, no foul. Hispanic kids shouldn't be offended by a patriotic or simply innocent display of the American flag on any day, but they have a right to be offended if someone is deliberately trying to demean their heritage. Now which was the case here? There's probably no way to know.

    BTW, quinn14, I hope you understood that the last part of my PM was a joke. No offense meant.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  5. #59

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I thought I was finished here, but I guess not, so I'll just say it one more time. If the kids (hispanic or not) wore the t-shirts with the intention of making an anti-cinqo de mayo statement (even as a joke), then it was wrong and they deserved to be called on it. If they just happened to wear those t-shirts that day with no agenda, then no harm, no foul. Hispanic kids shouldn't be offended by a patriotic or simply innocent display of the American flag on any day, but they have a right to be offended if someone is deliberately trying to demean their heritage. Now which was the case here? There's probably no way to know.

    BTW, quinn14, I hope you understood that the last part of my PM was a joke. No offense meant.
    I know what you meant. No harm. I actually laughed out loud because that is my wife's favorite name for me, too.

  6. #60

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Go ahead and complain. That's your right. You also have the right to be a racist, which IMO you are.

    Wearing a flag shirt desecrates our great flag that millions have fought and died for.

    BTW, no one on this forum was there so no one really can conceptualize the situation. It's all anecdotal bullshit anyway.
    So, according to you, if I complain about Spanish then I'm a racist. But if a Mexican-American complains about the American flag then they are not racist. Please explain the difference.

  7. #61

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Now which was the case here? There's probably no way to know.
    If they didnt' mean it to be offensive, they wouldn't have a problem saying "I didn't mean to offend anyone, if I did I'm sorry"
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  8. #62

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So, according to you, if I complain about Spanish then I'm a racist. But if a Mexican-American complains about the American flag then they are not racist. Please explain the difference.
    Well Quinn looks like you won the arguement....When ever a liberal nut job plays the racist card without any proof of such then that means you win.

  9. #63

    Default Re: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Well Quinn looks like you won the arguement....When ever a liberal nut job plays the racist card without any proof of such then that means you win.
    No, only a conservative nutjob would claim that there is no racism involved here.
    Your ignorance is painful to witness.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •