Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Ironically, I have lived in Southern California, and Arizona since 1978 and see the issue entirely different than you, and I DO have the real world experience. Oh, and I am a white guy, with a white wife, and a European immigrant background.

Would you like to explain how this can be so? Please don't play the "I am here so I know best and trump you" card. There are others who are "here" for decades, who see it differently.
    I made no assumption by what you wrote.

I simply see it as breaking the law. So if you see that differently then me then that means you are for breaking the law.

I took zero offense, again assumptive. Which is why I simply asked for you to just state your case as you said that I made an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    You threw out the first assumption. Otherwise, I don't care enough about partisan politics, or this issue, to get into an endless sound bite laden circular debate. I was just making an observation is all - apparently it offended you.

FWIW three, maybe four, of my students have parents who are likely here illegally. Three of them are great kids (one is a handful) who are doing well. I am rather attached to these kids - and many others through the years - and I would rather like to see them continuing to do well. I suspect that makes my view of the subject a little different than yours.
    Then if you care that much why don't you help them comply with the law...?

I mean when I lived overseas I made a living but I didnt break the law. I ran my own business so no one employed me. I didn't have to worry about being deported. I got all the proper visas so I could travel FOR BUSINESS in some 30 different countries. It is not hard to do.

For people to just blatantly break the law & then cry about the consequences is just someone who failed to look at the fact that life has some rules & those rules have a sequence.

There so many immigrants who DO follow the rules but somehow the law breakers are special? Sorry. Doesn't fly.

BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I would also add that I very likely have "illegals" living right behind me; they've been there for as long as we've owned our home, which is 13 years. Best neighbors in our neighborhood who would do anything to help you, and I would do anything to help them. In fact, we did, when our homes were mutually flooded two years ago.

Just too bad that our "legal" neighbors weren't as decent as these "criminals."
    So as long as people are nice they should be allowed to break the law. Interesting so all of those people who produce drugs in there home but are really nice people and great neighbors should be allowed to do so because they are nice?

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    So as long as people are nice they should be allowed to break the law. Interesting so all of those people who produce drugs in there home but are really nice people and great neighbors should be allowed to do so because they are nice?
    if he is a nice drug dealer he should just be given probation and the ability to work off his sentence. I believe that goes along the line that Ban is going, but at least ban finally admitted they were criminials.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    1) I didn't exchange an out-of-country license for my Maryland license so I didn't have to meet the requirements you listed.

2) Maryland has recently changed their license requirements (I believe it happened sometime in 2009), when I got a Maryland License there was no requirement for proof of legal residence and therefor my drivers license doesn't consititute proof of legal residence and under Arizona law I could be detained if any police officer for doing pretty much anything.
    Sully your license will work just fine no matter how much you want to try and twist this law.

Quick question, what did you have to do to get a license? Were you able to just walk in and say hey my name is floggingsully and i swear i am who I say i am? Just a question

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post

I simply see it as breaking the law. So if you see that differently then me then that means you are for breaking the law.

I took zero offense, again assumptive. Which is why I simply asked for you to just state your case as you said that I made an assumption.
    There you go again; assuming and making a black or white worldview statement. See why I said this would be
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Olympic Champ

Yes you did.

I simply see it as breaking the law.

This is the "black or white" worldview I was speaking of.

So if you see that differently then me then that means you are for breaking the law.

No it doesn't; this is the part where you assume.

I took zero offense, again assumptive.

Cool.

Which is why I simply asked for you to just state your case as you said that I made an assumption.

Stating my case to you would be a waste of time since we are obviously incapable of communicating with one another on almost any level.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy....... an absurd comparison demonyzing illegal immigrants..... how quaint.
    Last edited by sgallan; 05-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.