Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Is that going to happen now?
    Yes. The bill clearly states that if you see a person who looks hispanic, he may ask everyone hispanic looking for paperwork. While they reach down in their pockets, the officer is empowered to grab a billy club and wack them. Then he can encarcerate them until they can name the last 3 presidents.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?
    When I was in high school and looked too young to be drinking the beer that was in my lap. Maybe the cop was "age" profiling! At the time there was no law about a passenger drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    When I was in high school and looked too young to be drinking the beer that was in my lap. Maybe the cop was "age" profiling! At the time there was no law about a passenger drinking.
    You may want to hire a lawyer. That inhumane...
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?

Guess you have not watched COPS lately.... they do it all the time all over the country.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Default AZ Immigration Law

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler

Guess you have not watched COPS lately.... they do it all the time all over the country.
    Yep, I usually always asked passengers for ID. I wanted to know the identity of everyone in the car.

I have been meaning to point this out and the news reminded me to do it.

All of you who are against the AZ law do realize that it is identical to the federal law with the only difference being the state law restricts law enforcement more than the fed does. According to the federal law they do not need reasonable suspicion to do anything. So if you are against the AZ law on the basis that it is going to be discriminatory then you have to be even more against the fed law that has no limits in it.

I think they are upset because it sounds like for once, immigration may actually be enforced. They just made up fictitious concerns to scare others.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Yep, I usually always asked passengers for ID. I wanted to know the identity of everyone in the car.
    Do you detain those who don't have ID?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.