Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Repubs are for small gov't except for wanting a police state when it comes to minorities. It's racism and race-profiling.

It is absolutely 100% un-American to ask a legal citizen for "papers" just because. I have no problem doing it at the border crossings, but anytime else is fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Repubs are for small gov't except for wanting a police state when it comes to minorities. It's racism and race-profiling.

It is absolutely 100% un-American to ask a legal citizen for "papers" just because. I have no problem doing it at the border crossings, but anytime else is fascism.

No conservatives are for accountability when libs are always blaming society for everything.

"I can't pay my mortgage. It must the those greedy banks. They made me buy a bigger house"
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    So, people can now be detained for not having ID?
    Why do you say "now". Checking for warrants is not part of the immigration bill.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

So, people can now be detained for not having ID?
    People always could. This is not new. It has nothing to do with race. If you commit a crime, no matter how petty, and will not or cannot prove who you are then the police have always been able to detain you. How would they know who to write the jaywalking ticket to if they don't know who you are? There is nothing "big government" or "facist" about it.

If someone six foot tall, wearing a red shirt and jeans mugs you and the police see someone fitting that discription a block away, should they stop him? If they do and the guy refuses to show id, should they just let him go? Whether he did it or not, not showing id is a red flag.

Its amazing how brainwashed people are about this bill being disciminatory when its not the case. Lawyers will keep police from abusing this as it does every other law.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post

LOL.. When was the last time you were stopped and not asked for your drivers license?

When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?
    Is that going to happen now?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    LOL.. When was the last time you were stopped and not asked for your drivers license?
    Having to answer more distortions as usual.

Many times a police officer runs across an illegal alien and know not what to do. They have not had authority to do anything but to report ICE who do nothing most the time. Now they will have training and will be empowered to hand them over. It makes a lot of sense.