Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast
Results 145 to 153 of 167

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

  1. #145

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Repubs are for small gov't except for wanting a police state when it comes to minorities. It's racism and race-profiling.

    It is absolutely 100% un-American to ask a legal citizen for "papers" just because. I have no problem doing it at the border crossings, but anytime else is fascism.

  2. #146
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Repubs are for small gov't except for wanting a police state when it comes to minorities. It's racism and race-profiling.

    It is absolutely 100% un-American to ask a legal citizen for "papers" just because. I have no problem doing it at the border crossings, but anytime else is fascism.

    No conservatives are for accountability when libs are always blaming society for everything.

    "I can't pay my mortgage. It must the those greedy banks. They made me buy a bigger house"
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  3. #147
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    So, people can now be detained for not having ID?
    Why do you say "now". Checking for warrants is not part of the immigration bill.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  4. #148

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    So, people can now be detained for not having ID?
    People always could. This is not new. It has nothing to do with race. If you commit a crime, no matter how petty, and will not or cannot prove who you are then the police have always been able to detain you. How would they know who to write the jaywalking ticket to if they don't know who you are? There is nothing "big government" or "facist" about it.

    If someone six foot tall, wearing a red shirt and jeans mugs you and the police see someone fitting that discription a block away, should they stop him? If they do and the guy refuses to show id, should they just let him go? Whether he did it or not, not showing id is a red flag.

  5. #149
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Its amazing how brainwashed people are about this bill being disciminatory when its not the case. Lawyers will keep police from abusing this as it does every other law.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  6. #150

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Repubs are for small gov't except for wanting a police state when it comes to minorities. It's racism and race-profiling.

    It is absolutely 100% un-American to ask a legal citizen for "papers" just because. I have no problem doing it at the border crossings, but anytime else is fascism.
    LOL.. When was the last time you were stopped and not asked for your drivers license?

  7. #151

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  8. #152

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    When was the last time you were stopped and your passenger was asked for their drivers license?
    Is that going to happen now?

  9. #153
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    LOL.. When was the last time you were stopped and not asked for your drivers license?
    Having to answer more distortions as usual.

    Many times a police officer runs across an illegal alien and know not what to do. They have not had authority to do anything but to report ICE who do nothing most the time. Now they will have training and will be empowered to hand them over. It makes a lot of sense.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •