Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Illinois school cancels girls basketball trip because of this law.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12...-safety-fears/

My favorite part of the article:
    "
    Evans said he also failed to understand why the school allowed so many other trips, but not this one.
    “The school has sent children to China, they’ve sent children to South America, they’ve sent children to the Czech Republic, but somehow Arizona is more unsafe for them than those places,” he said."

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Illinois school cancels girls basketball trip because of this law.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12...-safety-fears/

My favorite part of the article:
    "
    Evans said he also failed to understand why the school allowed so many other trips, but not this one.
    ?The school has sent children to China, they?ve sent children to South America, they?ve sent children to the Czech Republic, but somehow Arizona is more unsafe for them than those places,? he said."
    Good for them. Arizona should and will suffer for a long time.

lol.....I am sure that 95% of the italian and mexican mafia are great Catholics and always take responsibility for their actions. You have to assume they do but they protest the laws the would have them take responsability, they come back into our country, and try to fight their deportation in court. lol

Dude you are reaching here.

You are right there are no illegals in God's eyes, but then again i didn't realize he/Church was a country in North America.
    Talk about "reaching". You are so far out of the ballpark you can't even find it.

I am sure that 95% of the italian and mexican mafia are great Catholics and always take responsibility for their actions.

You are now in the UGLY galaxy...far, far away.

Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Talk about "reaching". You are so far out of the ballpark you can't even find it.

I am sure that 95% of the italian and mexican mafia are great Catholics and always take responsibility for their actions.

You are now in the UGLY galaxy...far, far away.

Ridiculous.
    either i didn't make my point or i did a very good job making my point.....of course my response was ridiculous and reaching and that was my whole point. I was trying to show how ridiculous his post was by being a smartass and doing something similiar.

I will admit i could have articulated the why in my post but i thought it was obvious. oh well

Edit: The line you highlighted was the part i was being a smartass and reaching on. The rest i stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Good for them. Arizona should and will suffer for a long time.
    Are you actually being serious? It is good for a school to make the decision based on law that wouldn't affect anyone on the team saying it wasn't safe for the kids to travel to AZ? It amazes me how ignorant people are about this law.

Not to mention all the hard work the kids put into the trip and now it is taken away because super wanted to make a political statement.

Also WuW AZ isn't going to suffer from one girls basketball team not coming here. In this situation the only ones to suffer are the girls who worked so hard to travel.
    Last edited by Chance174; 05-12-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: added text.

Wasn't Arizona the last state to recognize MLK's birthday as a holiday?
    I recall that there was a start of an economic botcott of Arizona at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Wasn't Arizona the last state to recognize MLK's birthday as a holiday?
    I recall that there was a start of an economic botcott of Arizona at the time.
    i believe so but do not no much about the reasons or anything like that. Although i can not see why they wouldn't recognize it, or should i say why it they resisted it for so long. MLK was a great man and has some great quotes!! That would be an interesting thread....everyone's favorite quotes.
    Last edited by Chance174; 05-12-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added text

Olympic Champ

Are you actually being serious? It is good for a school to make the decision based on law that wouldn't affect anyone on the team saying it wasn't safe for the kids to travel to AZ? It amazes me how ignorant people are about this law.

Not to mention all the hard work the kids put into the trip and now it is taken away because super wanted to make a political statement.

Also WuW AZ isn't going to suffer from one girls basketball team not coming here. In this situation the only ones to suffer are the girls who worked so hard to travel.
    Multiply this one team by many teams, conventions, tourists, meetings, and so on, and it will hurt the state a lot. Just like the rest of the country Arizona is already hurting so it won't take much to have a pretty big effect.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Olympic Champ

Not me. The law. If you know about something & do nothing about it, in some cases you ARE an accomplice. Not my opinion.

So have me arrested.

Then I will know in the future to disregard your Qs.

Cool.

Funny how you think you know what I care about or don't. You think you but you don't.

Sure you do, your posts are just dripping with care and concern for the kids.

Scott it you talk in double speak that isn't my problem. So put that to rest.

If this is how you view me..... cool.

Well it's apparent you are in apathy about doing anything. That could be a contributing factor to your current state of your health.

Ah apathy and doing something. Lets see, what have I done since Saturday....... drove 3.5 hours to visit wife in rehab. Vistied. Tubed the river. Camped. Woke up early so went to Sedona for a Sunday drive. Picked up wife and went for a 8 mile hike. Went for a swim. Visiited with wife/mom for mothers day (trying to support her efforts as she wants to come home and be a wife and mom again) Then made the long drive home. Monday taught sixth graders and put in a fun round with the kid. Tuesday sixth graders again; they have been a handful because it is short time - and many don't have parents that hold them accountable for anything - so I have to give up about an hour of break/prep time everyday (I try not to drink coffee or soda because my eyeballs would be floating with no breaks) to sit with them during detention and make them get their work done. Then golf practice with kid, finished by going to a school play of one of the kids that call me dad (there are several - this ones mom dropped her off said she would come back and didn't - meth head). A long day. Today was a long one (continuing theme I guess)..... do the single dad thing in the morning, sixth graders, drove to college I teach at (distance ed) and did some work, drive back home, and golf practice. Wanted to shop but got tired. Tommorrow will be sixth graders, then an awards ceremony; the kid is getting lots of awards, golf practice, then take the kid to Tae kwan do, walk the dogs, and shop. Oh crap, that reminds me.... I gotta pay a court fine for the wife. Ironically I was the one who had her arrested hoping a couple of weeks in the hokie would wake her up - it did. I gotta tell ya..... these apathetic 12-14 hour days are wearing me out.

As far those KIDS go, when you care about someone, you safe guard them. Those Illegal immigrant parents put their kids @ risk. Not their neighbors not their friends. I can't believe that they care so little about the future of their family that they put them @ risk.

Many have been here decades, are doing pretty well, with a lot having had kids go through college and now making a good living- sounds like they are taking a good risk.

So then we know if you were running it, you would just let anyone in, with no rhyme or reason.

Non-sequitor: I am not running nor will I ever be the one running it.
    Last edited by sgallan; 05-12-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.