Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is creatine ok?

Default Re: Is creatine ok?

8 lbs? How fast did you lose the eight?
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

a week which is pretty fast in my opinion but i did get a little drop in endurance
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Janitor View Post
    a week which is pretty fast in my opinion but i did get a little drop in endurance
    8 lbs in a week? Did you give birth or something? Is that healthy? Did your muscles feel deflated?
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

From what I know, creatine retains extra water in your muscles so you can work harder and longer, thus resulting in bigger strength gains. Pretty sure it's not the best choice for a wrestler looking to cut weight, but if it's the offseason or over summer, then why not if you want to. Of course, I am not educated in the intricate details of creatine, or any supplements for that matter, so the answer to all questions is here:

#1 resource for all questions regarding creatine

I am probably staying up at 215, I just don't see getting down to 189. I weigh 205 or more and have about 10 percent body fat.......I probably won't even try. So, in that case, I was planning to bump (all the way) to 215, a lot of hard lifting during the offseason (I just have freestyle from here on out), so I will look in to creatine.

Here's the skinny

1 - Creatine monohydrate will retain a lot of water. Creatine esther's will do so less than regular creatine. You'll gain a kilo or so but you can make huge strength gains

2 - The idea is to make as many strength and muscle mass gains as possible while on creatine and preserve the majority of it when you stop. If you are lifting right, you shouldn't lose too much muscle mass or strength at all. I'd wager to say you might drop off a slight percent on major lifts but not much

3 - BCAA'a are inavluable. Glutamine doesn't do much IMHO. BCAA's are esesentially protein but highly trageted for what your body can actually use in mucle building and anti-catabolic processes. Whey protein, BCAA's, Creatine Esther's are a great combo