Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBS Rate Obama Poll

Default Re: CBS Rate Obama Poll

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    People are giving all "F's"? As in, as badly as he could possibly do in every category? That seems unlikely. As Floggingsully says, a mediocre job warrants a "C", not an "F".
    I don't think there is much logic or reason being put into this poll.
    I don't like him, therefore "F"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    I gave him a few D's for mediocre. C is an average job. He is mediocre in several categories, average in 1 or 2 and poor in some others.
    They must have been a whole tougher grading at the schools you went to.

So you are saying C isn't average? I think if C is average, D is below average or mediocre. Obama for the most part has been below average. What do I know, I'm just an Independent, who leans toward less taxes and government. Small business is going to create jobs; right now Obama has done nothing in regards to helping small businesses.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I thought average and mediocre were synonyms.

When I was in school they said C's were 'average' but the average student always did better than C's
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    I thought average and mediocre were synonyms.

When I was in school they said C's were 'average' but the average student always did better than C's
    They may be synoyms. I just don't think that way. I lean toward definition 2 when someone says mediocre.

me?di?o?cre   ?adjective
    1.of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
    2.rather poor or inferior.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    So you are saying C isn't average? I think if C is average, D is below average or mediocre. Obama for the most part has been below average. What do I know, I'm just an Independent, who leans toward less taxes and government. Small business is going to create jobs; right now Obama has done nothing in regards to helping small businesses.
    If C is average and D below average, do 50% of students/Presidents deserve D or below?

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    If C is average and D below average, do 50% of Presidents deserve D or below?
    No, just the last three.

Economy - ordinarily a President has zero impact of substance on the economy. It's cyclical in nature and about the only thing a President can do is make it worse, ala Jimmy Carter driving up interest rates and forcing inflation. A recession is like a cold, some times it last 2 days sometimes 5, but it just has to burn itself away over time and there's nothing you can really do about it other than medicate some of the symptoms. Recessions generally end when pent up demand finally spurs productivity. We are on the verge of a spending spree, we just haven't hit the downhill slope as yet.

In terms of actions that can slow the progression of a failing economy, that was Bushy Bean II and the treasury bailing out AIG and the banks. It was a necessity that really did have impact and would business world would have been flung into a tailspin had it not occurred....Obama had nothing to do with it.

Cash for Clunkers ........a gimmick that tossed a billion aside, no real impact on the economy other than spurring purchases today versus tomorrow. Look around and you'll find plenty of guzzlers that are still on the road. Besides the original idea arose under Bushy Bean and the idea was nixed as ineffective.

Add it all up and Obama really hasn't involved himself in the economy, and maybe that's a good thing.

The other area where I think he has failed us is International politics. He's taken more trips abroad in 14 months than any other President did in 48 and really hasn't accomplished anything other than collect a bunch of gifts he can't keep and get stuck in a warehouse. The biggest negative is embarrassing the American population by some of his social gaffs.

Heathcare - Let's see how many people off the street he reels in because they haven't bought their share of insurance, but continue to use the services.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Why the low ratings? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W57aBMYKvU"]YouTube- "You Picked a Fine Time to Lead Us, Barack" by Jonathan McWhite[/ame]