Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast

Thread: Smoking ban in PA at last

Default Re: Smoking ban in PA at last

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    Good question. Here's another: Which one would have a higher customer turnover rate?
    I'd rather have higher profits and a higher turnover rate than lower profits and a lower turnover rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I'd rather have higher profits and a higher turnover rate, than lower profits and a lower turnover rate.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I'd rather have higher profits and a higher turnover rate than lower profits and a lower turnover rate.
    In most businesses, a high turnover rate in customers is going to translate eventually (quickly?) into a lower profit. The name of the game is the customer. Lose those, the profit follows.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    In most businesses, a high turnover rate in customers is going to translate eventually (quickly?) into a lower profit. The name of the game is the customer. Lose those, the profit follows.
    That would depend (mostly) on the location of your bar, restaurant, or other business.

NCAA Champ

I say.....let all meet at Big's one light bulb basement....light up a few cigs and discuss in more detail......

Like killing two birds with one stone......make Big fell welcome and settle this issue once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by tpay View Post
    I say.....let all meet at Big's one light bulb basement....light up a few cigs and discuss in more detail......

Like killing two birds with one stone......make Big fell welcome and settle this issue once and for all.
    You mean something like an old boxing smoker?

Terp boxing star Benny Alperstein knocks out Harry Rising of Army, March 4, 1939.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

People who smoke make up a large number of bar patron numbers.

The smoking ban has cut business revenues by huge amounts.

According to a Star Tribune article only 14 hospitality establishments closed in 2004 in the Twin Cities metro area.....the last full year without a smoking ban.

Since implementing smoking bans the Twin Cities area has seen 150+ closings......the facts speak for themselves, smoking bans are very bad for business.

Minneapolis, Bloomington & St. Paul MN. hospitality establishments out of business since the smoking ban began 3/31/05...... 100 closed in 20 months.

The effects of second hand smoke claims are exaggerations and erroneous hype to build a certain corporation's profit:

Read about it here-

RWJF's $446+ million contribution to boost Nicoderm sales and parent company Johnson & Johnson profits

It's important to remember while reading these grants, that RWJF is the lap dog and single largest shareholder of Johnson & Johnson stock. And equally important to understand is that J & J's subsidiary ALZA manufactures Nicoderm & Nicoderm CQ. Their interest in funding the smoking ban movement then, is completely self-serving and motivated by profit. Exaggerations and erroneous hype about the effects of secondhand smoke can surely be expected.

link- http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/...-to-boost.html

More from this blog- "So when I discovered the St. Louis Park, MN. Environmental Health Department air quality testing which proves secondhand smoke levels are up to 500 times SAFER than OSHA workplace air quality regulations, thus nullifying the argument that secondhand smoke is a health hazard, I knew I had to distribute that information far and wide....to expose the smoking ban movement for what it is..........A FRAUD.

Then when I discovered the American Cancer Society air quality testing which proves secondhand smoke levels are up to 25,000 times SAFER than OSHA workplace air quality regulations, thus nullifying the argument that secondhand smoke is a health hazard, I knew I also had to distribute that information far and wide....to further expose the smoking ban movement for what it is..........AN ENORMOUS FRAUD.

And when I discovered the billion dollar industry and oganizations (RWJF and J & J company), which perpetuate that enormous fraud, I knew I had to distribute that information far and wide....to expose the agenda of the smoking ban movement for what it is..........A $1 billion a year marketing scheme that is coercive, collusive and frankly, bordering on racketeering. Designed to increase the profits of the pharmaceutical interests which fund them, not for any purported health risks which have now been proven false."

Link - http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/...asons-for.html
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

~Paul Wellstone~

This is a serious, non-sarcastic question ... If the smoking ban has decreased bar traffic and revenue, what are all of the smokers doing instead? Just staying home?

Also, you don't think the economy has anything to do with businesses closing? Lots of other factors besides the smoking ban to consider. And, be careful with numbers, the first figure 14 references a single year, while the 150+ represents a multi-year period. Compare single year to single year and it's a bit less dramatic.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

Shatner ... SECRETS.