Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Toney vs. Kimbo

Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If you see a word that offends you, report it. If we see it then we'll take care of it (although that certainly hasn't gone over very well so far) but we unfortunately can not be everywhere.

As Schlottke pointed out (and you seemed to be ok with) the word wasn't removed because we wanted to take a shot across the bow and flex our moderator muscles at you guys.

We know that you all know each other and that the banter and the words exchanged back and forth between you guys are all in good fun.

The word was removed because there are people who may stop down here but not post who may see you guys throwing the word around (we know that you're joking, but they in all likelihood won't) and get upset about it.
    You know Jensens I was cool with what Schlottke proposed before I saw what UGLY wrote, and I know it relates directly to my reference to the word if its at the discrection of the mods to only censor words that MOST people have to be offended at then that word will forever be allowed because most non Indigenous folks accept it as the name of a professional sports team although it is a racial slur.
    Last edited by UGLY; 03-06-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: if your offended by it quit using it
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    you sure do talk a lot for someone who is unwilling to debate. Why stop you have that great tactic of over exaggeration going. Start the thread I welcome the beat down, I am a glutton for punishment.

You are Mayweather to my Pacquiao, you dont want to fight to save me the embarrassment of being beat, its a clever way of saying you want to save yourself.

And you talk a lot for someone who made their last post on this thread a page ago.

You can't be Pacquiao, he actually knows how to fight. Your qualifying of your original stance shows us that at best you are scrambling to salvage a measure of respect and dignity on your way out. As for Mayweather, undefeated 7 time world champion, I wouldn't go that far in comparing us, but certainly Adolf has a very good record and is widely respected for his knowledge and insight. I wont complain there.

You wanting a shot at me in a debate on your ground would be like a no name fighter with zero fan appeal calling the champ out and when the champ dismisses his ridiculous challenges, the wanna be tough guy claims the champ is ducking him. I wont give you a platform because that would give you a voice. Right now you have no voice. Your racist views deserve no voice and I wont give them one. The best you can do is delete and say lets see what the boss man says.

We could debate right here. You are locked in to a flawed way of looking at things. All I have to do is lay out the examples of how your blanket statement doesn't work. That's all I have to do. You would then change tactics to what most find offensive and you'd be exposed at being nothing more than an apologist for the black man. You don't care about the red man or brown man, you only fear the black man because of the media and thus you bow down to that specifically. That is the truth. You ignored Pimach's point because you can't defend your position and be sensitive to him at the same time.

And I used to like you UGLY but the more you post, the more your racism is exposed. I am tolerant, but I can't stand people who hide their racism behind over compensating to defend other races.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    You know Jensens I was cool with what Schlottke proposed before I saw what UGLY wrote, and I know it relates directly to my reference to the word if its at the discrection of the mods to only censor words that MOST people have to be offended at then that word will forever be allowed because most non Indigenous folks accept it as the name of a professional sports team although it is a racial slur.
    For what its worth were I to come across someone who wasn't of Native American descent (basically anyone other than yourself) using things like "Injun" or "redskin" or anything else in other areas of the board in a derogatory or even seemingly joking fashion I would bounce those words out of posts as well.

For what its worth were I to come across someone who wasn't of Native American descent (basically anyone other than yourself) using things like "Injun" or "redskin" or anything else in other areas of the board in a derogatory or even seemingly joking fashion I would bounce those words out of posts as well.
    Boy, this almost sounds like the context does in fact matter to you. Go figure. And I thought we were being told that context/shmontext, all racial slurs are banned. UGLY, you paying attention?
    Lets go Brent!

If that is the case then much like the censorship of the word "nigga" I would expect to see the word "redskin" censored at any time even in reference to the Washington redskins.

www.euromitsu.com

Well when you see people throwing the word redskin around you make sure to hit that report button and a moderator will come and alleviate your problem.

Well when you see people throwing the word redskin around you make sure to hit that report button and a moderator will come and alleviate your problem.
    So it has to be reported by either myself or someone else from now on or is that how its always been?

www.euromitsu.com

If we see it, we'll take care of it.

If its not dealt with then assume that it hasn't been seen and report it.

kimbo doesnt deserve a main card but i guess its better for buisness theyll get more views which will get more people into the sport but i really dont care to much for kimbos fights even though he has gone along way since his first fight with roy nelson
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.