Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 77

Thread: Toney vs. Kimbo

  1. #46
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    The usage of alleged slurs or epithets have been going on in this forum since we started posting here and NOW you want to start censoring stuff? Hell I've seen the word redskin used on here and noone has censored that and that's worse than the dreaded n word

    Let me ask you, did someone complain and if so who was it?
    If someone did complain I wouldnt tell you. This is the first instance I have seen so I stepped in, if I had seen other stuff I would have dont the same thing. If you want to debate take it to the other forum.

  2. #47

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Pimach makes a good point. Vaisforlovers favorite football team is Washington. But we're not supposed to use the full team name because its a racial slur? The NFL markets the team to the world but I don't see any complaining about it here. Lakewood steve is a big fan of Cleveland's baseball team, but again, is he not allowed to post their team name here? MLB markets them a lot, especially when they are doing well. You mean to tell me that we can't use that word here? Do we really have to say the Cleveland I words or Washington R words? Or since this is the MMA board, can we not talk about what's tattooed on Cain Valasquez chest since the B P words are considered racial slurs?

    UGLY you strike me as somewhat intelligent and I even get the sense that you're trying to back down while saving face, but you've picked a topic that you're clearly uninformed in and are trying to generalize where generalizing doesn't work. I asked to be clear on which words are considered slurs by you or JensenS because like i said, some words aren't necessarily slurs all the time. Like Brown for example or Pride for example. I can't imagine that you really want to censor out the Cleveland B words score! What kind of a place will we have here? And if you aren't going to censor some words because they aren't slurs all the time, then we've come full circle and you finally see my point of not all slurs are slurs all the time. Its the context that matters most.

    UGLY I love to win and I have left a trail of broken and battered bodies of those who dared step to me and debate me on issues where they were wrong and I was right. But I don't need to humiliate you and expose you ignorance on this topic in order to chalk up another win on my long list. I'd much rather we get a concession that words associated with b words are off limits but all other words associated with other races are OK because the owner says so and you agree with him. At least that way we know where everyone stands and we can decide to move on somewhere else that's less racially biased or stay if we aren't bothered by it. But enough of the we can't say this or we can't say that because its covered under some giant blanket statement designed to be PC for the good of someone who may come in here and be offended by words not being used in the context of a racial slur.
    Lets go Brent!

  3. #48
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pimach makes a good point. Vaisforlovers favorite football team is Washington. But we're not supposed to use the full team name because its a racial slur? The NFL markets the team to the world but I don't see any complaining about it here. Lakewood steve is a big fan of Cleveland's baseball team, but again, is he not allowed to post their team name here? MLB markets them a lot, especially when they are doing well. You mean to tell me that we can't use that word here? Do we really have to say the Cleveland I words or Washington R words? Or since this is the MMA board, can we not talk about what's tattooed on Cain Valasquez chest since the B P words are considered racial slurs?

    UGLY you strike me as somewhat intelligent and I even get the sense that you're trying to back down while saving face, but you've picked a topic that you're clearly uninformed in and are trying to generalize where generalizing doesn't work. I asked to be clear on which words are considered slurs by you or JensenS because like i said, some words aren't necessarily slurs all the time. Like Brown for example or Pride for example. I can't imagine that you really want to censor out the Cleveland B words score! What kind of a place will we have here? And if you aren't going to censor some words because they aren't slurs all the time, then we've come full circle and you finally see my point of not all slurs are slurs all the time. Its the context that matters most.

    UGLY I love to win and I have left a trail of broken and battered bodies of those who dared step to me and debate me on issues where they were wrong and I was right. But I don't need to humiliate you and expose you ignorance on this topic in order to chalk up another win on my long list. I'd much rather we get a concession that words associated with b words are off limits but all other words associated with other races are OK because the owner says so and you agree with him. At least that way we know where everyone stands and we can decide to move on somewhere else that's less racially biased or stay if we aren't bothered by it. But enough of the we can't say this or we can't say that because its covered under some giant blanket statement designed to be PC for the good of someone who may come in here and be offended by words not being used in the context of a racial slur.
    Like I said if you want to debate then start the thread? IF your not smart enough to know which words are inappropriate it should be a short debate.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    The problem is that i am smart enough to know which words shouldn't be and aren't inappropriate. That's where we're having issues. You think that words associated with words that are sometimes inappropriate should automatically be out of bounds. Like back or wet. We shouldn't use those words, right?

    I don't want to debate you UGLY, I would humiliate you. Even in your biased setting, you would be humiliated. I'm probably on my way out anyways, no need to take one final soul down. I am here for positive reasons. If I have to fight it out around here in order to be me, I really don't care to wage that fight. But lets be clear, you would be crushed if we were to debate this issue.
    Last edited by Adolf Oliverbush; 03-06-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Because I had a little more to say on the topic
    Lets go Brent!

  5. #50
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    The problem is that i am smart enough to know which words shouldn't be and aren't inappropriate. That's where we're having issues. You think that words associated with words that are sometimes inappropriate should automatically be out of bounds. Like back or wet. We shouldn't use those words, right?

    I don't want to debate you UGLY, I would humiliate you. Even in your biased setting, you would be humiliated. I'm probably on my way out anyways, no need to take one final soul down. I am here for positive reasons. If I have to fight it out around here in order to be me, I really don't care to wage that fight. But lets be clear, you would be crushed if we were to debate this issue.

    Whatever you say. You can be you as long as it does not tread on what most people find offensive. If you ever feel like trying to actually prove your point start the thread and I will jump in. Other than that I wont respond to anymore of this in here.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    UGLY the point is proven. You only see through your biased perspective of what you fear that may be offensive through the black apologists perspective. You have no consideration or sensitivity to other races and what they may be offended by. Your comment of not knowing what words should be inappropriate says it all. Your blanket statement should be able to cover all words that are associated with racial slurs but you know that we can't censor out most of them because they are just fine if not used in the context of hatred or negativity. No matter how narrow minded you pretend to be or may actually be, you tip your hand when you qualify your blanket statement. If you really had a foot to stand on, you wouldn't qualify it. But we both know this and I'll allow you to bow out with some dignity. When we see you censoring out brown, back, wet, bean, etc., we'll know you're serious and not just playing it up to the boss man. No need to start up a debate that you're ill equipped to participate in. The mere acknowledgement would give you more credibility than your efforts ever would. I'll leave you with no voice instead and look forward to our new board where we can say boy, Canadian, Adolf, 10%, etc.
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #52

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Whatever you say. You can be you as long as it does not tread on what most people find offensive. If you ever feel like trying to actually prove your point start the thread and I will jump in. Other than that I wont respond to anymore of this in here.
    so now most people have to find it offensive??? so in other words the redskin word can be used by anyone and although it is a serious racial slur aimed at the Indigenous peoples of this country, most of the twt would have to complain before it would be censored for being a slur???

    that is fuckin bullshit.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  8. #53

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    If you see a word that offends you, report it. If we see it then we'll take care of it (although that certainly hasn't gone over very well so far) but we unfortunately can not be everywhere.

    As Schlottke pointed out (and you seemed to be ok with) the word wasn't removed because we wanted to take a shot across the bow and flex our moderator muscles at you guys.

    We know that you all know each other and that the banter and the words exchanged back and forth between you guys are all in good fun.

    The word was removed because there are people who may stop down here but not post who may see you guys throwing the word around (we know that you're joking, but they in all likelihood won't) and get upset about it.

  9. #54
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Toney vs. Kimbo

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    UGLY the point is proven. You only see through your biased perspective of what you fear that may be offensive through the black apologists perspective. You have no consideration or sensitivity to other races and what they may be offended by. Your comment of not knowing what words should be inappropriate says it all. Your blanket statement should be able to cover all words that are associated with racial slurs but you know that we can't censor out most of them because they are just fine if not used in the context of hatred or negativity. No matter how narrow minded you pretend to be or may actually be, you tip your hand when you qualify your blanket statement. If you really had a foot to stand on, you wouldn't qualify it. But we both know this and I'll allow you to bow out with some dignity. When we see you censoring out brown, back, wet, bean, etc., we'll know you're serious and not just playing it up to the boss man. No need to start up a debate that you're ill equipped to participate in. The mere acknowledgement would give you more credibility than your efforts ever would. I'll leave you with no voice instead and look forward to our new board where we can say boy, Canadian, Adolf, 10%, etc.
    you sure do talk a lot for someone who is unwilling to debate. Why stop you have that great tactic of over exaggeration going. Start the thread I welcome the beat down, I am a glutton for punishment.

    You are Mayweather to my Pacquiao, you dont want to fight to save me the embarrassment of being beat, its a clever way of saying you want to save yourself.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •