Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James TOney signs with UFC?

Default Re: James TOney signs with UFC?

dont know if its true or not but someone said Strikeforce was interested in a Walker-Toney fight.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    He was in his 30's when he approached Dana. Dana laughed at him. That same year, they have Angle on Pro's vs Joes. The guy was an animal. I have no idea how Dana's standards are so different from then and now.
    Angle would have been a huge draw if he fought back then, a NCAA Champion, World Freestyle Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, one of the biggest names ever in Pro Wrestling.

$$$$$$

www.euromitsu.com

So the issue here is that Dana didn't sign Angle? How about doing the right thing finally? So he dropped the ball with Angle, he should just keep dropping the ball? Leglace you my six figga , but two wrongs don't make a right. Please edit your post to reflect having reconsidered your position
    Last edited by UGLY; 03-04-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: I dont think that using any variation of the N word is good
    Lets go Brent!

Leglace you are a little off on the angle situation or at least just giving one side of the story.

Here is what dana said at the time:
    "I've talked to Kurt, and you know, Kurt's full of sh--. Kurt doesn't really want to fight. He had the opportunity. We talked, and then he went with TNA. Not to mention he's pretty busted up from wrestling. And you don't just go from the WWE and jump into the UFC.

I offered him a deal where he could sit out for a year and train with (Randy) Couture and guys like that and get into it, and he turned it down."

Now maybe you dont believe dana but i tend to believe him as you did not see angle making any moves to take mma seriously by actually training and he did not sign anywhere else either. May be old and washed up but he is now training mma with juanito ibarra.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Leglace you are a little off on the angle situation or at least just giving one side of the story.

Here is what dana said at the time:
    "I've talked to Kurt, and you know, Kurt's full of sh--. Kurt doesn't really want to fight. He had the opportunity. We talked, and then he went with TNA. Not to mention he's pretty busted up from wrestling. And you don't just go from the WWE and jump into the UFC.

I offered him a deal where he could sit out for a year and train with (Randy) Couture and guys like that and get into it, and he turned it down."

Now maybe you dont believe dana but i tend to believe him as you did not see angle making any moves to take mma seriously by actually training and he did not sign anywhere else either. May be old and washed up but he is now training mma with juanito ibarra.
    looks like we lost one to the dark side....

www.euromitsu.com

OK PJ you set me straight. Thanks a lot man.

Adolph I tempered my post. I almost never do that. But I may have overreacted. Possibly an extra cup of coffee.

But I still believe that Toney is a horrible fit for MMA. His skill set is bad. He stalks and counterpunches. Thats about it. He is not the same guy that I watched on PPV against Roy Jones in 1994. Or the guy who knocked out Hearns. He has been making a living beating scrub heavyweights. He has the best chin I have seen in a long time, but he is not the guy to represent boxing.

Get me PBF, PacMan, Ward and then you have something to work with.

I think its funny to think an old school boxer is in good hands because he has a new boxing coach who is well known with mma fighters. Sorry, but this dog don't hunt.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    So the issue here is that Dana didn't sign Angle? How about doing the right thing finally? So he dropped the ball with Angle, he should just keep dropping the ball? Leglace you my six figga , but two wrongs don't make a right. Please edit your post to reflect having reconsidered your position
    WTF is with the censorship????? nobody cares if the OBC uses an acceptable variation of the dreaded "N word"

So I guess we gotta call out "Earmuffs" before using potentially offensive language.

Dont worry OBC, you my main man up in here and I got your back on this one.
    Last edited by UGLY; 03-04-2010 at 05:33 PM.

www.euromitsu.com

Leglace i agree i would love to see a mayweather or pacman as they are the elite boxers in the sport but they are making too much money to make the leap.

I dont expect toney to make much of an impact aside from beating a few guys who are tailored made for him and who wont take it to the ground. He did do a good job though of forcing danas hand. Dana always talked in the past about putting his fighters up against guys like mayweather, and toney used that to his advantage but continually requesting a shot. If dana did not give him a contract it would be spun that dana was scared of a "top" boxer coming in and beating mma fighters.

PDen, can you reign in the other mods and let them know that this is your Board to control?

www.euromitsu.com