Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season NCAA D1 College Wrestling rankings

Default Re: Pre-season rankings

Flaggert way too low at #10... had a tough NCAA last year but his heart wasn't in it after losing to Backes in a close match.

The team selections are clearly tournament based. Michigan has 4 big guns, but 6 BIG ? ? ? ? ? ?. The dual meet record is not going to be one to brag about this year.

Mitch Smith (149-Hofstra) ranked at #25... are you serious???

He's a talented kid, and will without a doubt probably rise way up in the rankings, but with the fact that he was stuck platooning last year, and didn't wrestle at NCAA's, really not that unexpected.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

What about Glasser and Eidenshienk? Will they climb up into the Top 25 in their respective weight classes...I expect Glasser to get up in the Top 15 wouldn't you say?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

i disagree with Ohio State at #4...i could be wrong but they are one injury away from probably falling out of the top 10...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Disrespectful to Craig Henning to have him at # 2. He's the returning National Finalist (after getting Churella'd in the Finals ), and Gillespie is a champ coming from a weight down at a weight where he wasn't all that dominant, even if he got it done at the end of the year. Henning should be # 1.

Does anyone know why Ray Jordan was left out at 184?

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Does anyone know why Ray Jordan was left out at 184?
    he's there at #6
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference