Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Georges St. Pierre Is Not Too Small for Anderson Silva

Default Re: Georges St. Pierre Is Not Too Small for Anderson Silva

Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    One thing that has been very consistent and impressive about Silva is that he elevates his performance against the best competition. It's the lesser guys that he generally has off days against.
    GSP would have to be picture-perfect in execution for a long duration to beat Silva, although we haven't really seen Silva take a bad beating on his back and I have some doubts about whether or not he could absorb a thumping like Fitch.
    I would agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    GSP doesn't have the best threshold? Didn't he win his last fight with a torn groin?
    riding time jeje

Guys let's not get carried away here. So GSP has beaten a couple of 155 pounders, (Penn and Serra) and been knocked out and hospitalized respectfully, as well as out wrestle and avoid fighting as much as humanly possible against the trues 170 pounders that he's faced recently, but this time around he'll actually be in there against a guy that he can't bully or intimidate. We've seen how worried about actually getting hit GSP is, what's he going to do against an assassin like the spider? At the first sign of a strike, if he doesn't faint, he's surely to be put into dream land. All this talk of taking Anderson down and holding him there or even hurting him is good for some laughs, but let's try and keep this discussion on the serious side. Other than his own groin, when's the last time GSP hurt anyone in the sport of MMA? GSP is a very good sport wrestler and has decent kicks to boot, but in a fight, The Spider takes what manhood is left of the French Canadian. While GSPs out there out pointing people and staying as far from danger as possible, Anderson is out there wrecking elite, world level guys. GSP would be fortunate to survive one round, forget about him winning one or in any way hurting Anderson. This discussion is just way too silly at this point. Let's come back to reality people, would ya?
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    One thing that has been very consistent and impressive about Silva is that he elevates his performance against the best competition. It's the lesser guys that he generally has off days against.
    GSP would have to be picture-perfect in execution for a long duration to beat Silva, although we haven't really seen Silva take a bad beating on his back and I have some doubts about whether or not he could absorb a thumping like Fitch.
    Great points. I still believe that GSP would take a beating trying to score takedowns with knees and short uppercuts and that would be his undoing.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet~Knight View Post
    riding time jeje
    Touche', Young Scarlet
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

The young scarlet knight with yet another good (riding time) point.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    The young scarlet knight with yet another good (riding time) point.
    You were absolutely right on when you pointed out his talent very early on in the game. He doesn't post often, but he's shown a consistent ability to bring it when he does.

I can see why you made him one of your proteges. Maybe he can work with Barnabous a little, under Detlef's watchful eye. I would keep him away from Big Win, though, for obvious reasons.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com