Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1000th Post

Default Re: My 1000th Post

Thanks Spider!

I think that it is starting off really well.

Some of the side effects of Erbitux are diarrhea & Acne. If you look at those 2 you will see that they both have something to do with elimination from the body. Over the past 3 months I intuitively decided to do several detoxs/cleanses 1) Colon 2) Liver & 3) Gallbladder. I feel that b/c i did that my elimination system is pretty clean & that if there is any die off of the cancer cells I won't get sick from that. B/c basically cancer die off is like having little pieces of gangrene floating around your body. Not good. You want to get rid of that real fast.

Also if any of you took the time to read my post about Dr Chachoua's Induced Remission Therapy you will remember that he found that all remissions happened after the patient had a high grade fever & infection.

Last night after I got home from my 1st chemo treatment, I went to sleep around 8:30 pm only to wake up at 11:30 pm with a fever of 102.1. I realized that per Dr Chachoua this is what we want. B/c the Erbitux is not a POISON like most chemos but a chemical that locks onto specific receptors on the cancer cells (EGF receptors for those who want to know). This does 3 things 1) blocks cell division & 2) triggers "apoptosis" which the genetically programmed death that all cancer cells have that some how gets turned off in malignant cells & 3) Generates antibodies.

This means that the fever I had was being created the body creating antibodies. Hopefully the antibodies would go looking for an infection & find the cancer & handle it.

I baked myself with 4 blankets, a hot water bottle & some hot tea. My temp got up to 105.2 by midnight but broke to 104 by 12:40 & 101.7 by 2:00 am.

So cut to the chase, this morning I had the fever come back 4 more times & then by the afternoon I seemed to be fine. I actually starting looking for one of the new tumors under my chin & guess what? I couldnt find it. & the one new one behind my left ear? It was 1/4 inch & now was the size of a pin prick.

They gave me a double does to start off with so I am going to ask them for the same thing next week when I go in. So far I am happy with how fast the body is responding. I am getting a fever again now so I am off to bed.

I know some guys are texting me & PMing me regarding the upcoming PSU season as well as Fantasy League trades but as you can imagine right now my attention is totally on my health.

Great news, KR. If these treatments are successful, I hope they become more widely used (not trying to start another discussion, just being optimistic).
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Thanks Again Spider!

Erbitux is already widely used by Chemo oncologists.
    Dr Chachoua's vaccines however are not.
    I am also not sure if chemo oncologists are using Erbitux the way I am intending its use...

Here is more data on Erbitux for any one asking...

erbitux, wikipedia - Google Search

Off to my 2nd treatment today @ 12:30 pm

So far:

after 3 weeks on new Dr Chachoua vaccine old new tumor shrinking

after one week of erbitux
    the 10 new tumors in my lymph 6 of which are visible & you can feel them
    of those 6, 5 are shrinking considerably
    nice start

It's a beautiful day...

After about 40 years of Thanksgivings, one could get sort of jaded on the entire subject with many clichés rolling at you & the notion that that choosing ONE day to be thankful is sort of just lip service. Why would we not be thankful EVERYDAY? And how many give thanks as a sort of social mechanism, not really being involved in the communication at all but again just giving it lip service?

Well I think I have discovered something to sort of break through the clichés & automated responses.

Some of you know what I have been going through the past few years. & sometimes I like to think that I “politely” use my current physical condition to help nudge someone along when they start to complain quite a bit in their communication to me. I simply ask, “Well if you would like, I would GLADLY change positions with you. I will gladly take on all of your problems & you can have my hole in my neck a few tumors.” This makes them pause for a second & reconsider their problems. This is a phenomenon known as “create a problem worse than…”

When a person is fixated on a situation in their life, you simply have them create, mock up, invent a problem that is worse than/bigger than what they have now. In the end they realize that they could be in a worse situation & that they should be THANKFUL that they are not. If they really do it correctly, they will start laughing at some point realizing that they actually have it pretty good despite all the stuff they have going on.

I have done this myself as well.

In the end I have realized that despite whatever it is I have going on, I am living on the right planet at the right time for me to accomplish my goals. It could be worse. There could war going on right outside my door. I could be living in a country where there were no freedoms. I could be living in a time where a path I need or want to take was not available to me. And so on & so forth….then I realize that despite what it is I have going on, I have it pretty good.

I also think of some friends & family & what they have gone through the past year. I have a cousin whose husband was tragically killed in his 40s leaving behind his children; I have a friend whose wife gave birth prematurely to their child & had to struggle to help him stay alive; I have watched some of the people who have come to me for help, pass away despite all the good efforts of everyone involved; again those are moments to reflect & realize that I have it better than I thought. And one of thoise things that I have realized that I am thankful for is that no matter what life throws at me, I have learned that there is always any answer & it I don’t have to hand right now, I can find it.

One thing I have learned is that people cannot always confront what is happening around them. They don’t know what to say. They don’t know what to do. So they just go out of communication. I used to think that it was ME but I realized it was really them. The “Uncomfortableness of the unconfrontable” can make family & friends disappear.. So in that I have learned to be thankful for the people who have stuck around. & I am thankful that I have learned how to avoid becoming jaded & angry even though it is built right into the human condition to react as so & think it quite normal.

So again I think of “something worse than….” & those other problems seem to vanish.

And so that is looking at the “negative gain” the stuff you don’t want, the stuff you want to get rid of. On the flip side there are the things that you want to have…the positive gain. The accomplishments in life that you have that add to it.

I have a friend who had his opened a new business in a time when the “experts” said you couldn’t open a new business. And it was successful & expanding, when suddenly one day, the entire business literally burn down & yet in a short period of time had it open & running again; I have had some people come to me with some chronic physical conditions that I have helped them change; And I have watched some friends who were about to be foreclosed upon, pull it out, made ti go right & saved their homes.

Then you realize “This is how it could be, this is how it should be…” life is just waiting for me or anyone to make it grow, be prosperous & happy. You realize that the keys to success are having an intention & persevering through it. You don’t ever give up. You take the next step. And the next one after that. I am thankful I have discovered this to be true.

Two other things that I have done over the years that have helped me is

1) Anytime things look bad or like a disaster I stop & I say to myself “THIS is the best moment of my life! Right now I have the opportunity to take whatever negative energy life has thrown at me & turn it around & use it to create!” I have done this often & I have found that I get what I intend. Something always good comes out of whatever “disaster” I find myself in. Like the Phoenix rising out of the flames…

2) Those times I have been successful are due to the fact that I have made myself confront 7 handle the things I could not confront. I will ask myself to think about the thing that I DO NOT WANT TO DO, do not want to look at & I make myself do it. In the areas of “non-confront” lies the most power waiting to be re-awoken as far as I am concerned. In it lies a responsibility long forgotten that once rekindled, becomes confrontable & as easy as anything else we take for granted.

So that is my two Lincolns on this Thanksgiving day. I hope it gives you pause to reconsider what you have & what you don’t, the plight of others & the potential of the future still laying out in front of all of us.

I hope you enjoy this day with people you love.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	868341339_de50040045.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	3091  

Great post KR, enjoy your Thanksgiving and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Great post KR, enjoy your Thanksgiving and take care.
    Hey Mr Flop thanks for the acknowledgement! Hope you enjoyed yours as well!

KR - good for you! I am constantly amazed and supported by your strength. Your post got me thinking about my own situation.
    I am so thankful for so much. I can be eternally thankful that my birth mother gave me up for adoption. Her options were limited, but life would have been very, very different for the two of us had she not had that option.
    I had, relatively, a very good childhood. As a military family in the 40s, 50s, and 60s we were never very cash rich - but I never really realized that we were relatively poor. I had every thing I needed.
    I survived the progressive craziness of my paranoid-schizophrenic mother, and I do mean survived. In her crazier stages she became more and more physically abusive until I put a stop to it. Even at her craziest, I never felt that she didn't love me. And while I fought and fought with my dad through middle and high school, I recognize now that he was the anchor that gave me stability in the gale-storms of her madness.
    I give thanks that I came through Viet Nam with physical and mental scars - but survived both! The physical scars healed. Eventually, through the love of a wonderful (I might go so far as to say perfect!) woman, I even made it through the mental scars. And that leads me to the most important thanksgiving that I have. My wonderful wife, Judith. It has been 41 years that we have been together, but it seems like yesterday. She first domesticated me, then tamed me, then civilized me. In the process, she loved me even when I wasn't very lovable. In the process she mothered our children and taught me how to be a father.
    My children are a blessing. Four girls who are, at the various stages of their lives, successful and independent. Nobody is into drugs, nobody is pregnant or dragging a brood behind them, nobody is depending on me for their next meal. I can be there for them - but I don't have to bug them or badger them or bludgeon them. They are a blessing.
    So here I am - rapidly nearing retirement age. I have a nice home, a good job, 4 wonderful children, and the archtypical wife. I am, after 1 1/2 years, cancer free - and for the most part free of other physical ailments (let's not get involved in the results of the last wrestling practice!). I enjoy my work (although I am looking forward to retirement), enjoy coming home, enjoy my time in the garden and with my dogs. I am able to support a couple of favorite charities. I bask in the approval of my children. My goodness, thanksgiving is easy!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Sounds like you're the poster boy for "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I am very happy for the battles you have won and the peace that you have found.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.