59. You may not vote on this poll
  • McDonough

18 30.51%
  • Escobedo

41 69.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Escobedo Vs McDonough

Default Re: Escobedo Vs McDonough

That's a tough call. I don't think Esco handles him with ease. It's definitely a close match.

I'd love for McD to win for my fantasy team, but I think Angel is better from every position.

One of McDs biggest strengths is his Morningstaresque ability to be completely flat on his stomache with his hands around a leg, and somehow suck it in and finish. Against a guy who is as much of a physical horse as Esco, that simply isn't going to happen.

Angel is probably the best rider at 125 (other then Troy Nickerson, and maybe Robles) and he is THE best 125 off the bottom.

Its no slight to McD, but I dont think he has a chance in this one. But I've been wrong before
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I'd love for McD to win for my fantasy team, but I think Angel is better from every position.

One of McDs biggest strengths is his Morningstaresque ability to be completely flat on his stomache with his hands around a leg, and somehow suck it in and finish. Against a guy who is as much of a physical horse as Esco, that simply isn't going to happen.

Angel is probably the best rider at 125 (other then Troy Nickerson, and maybe Robles) and he is THE best 125 off the bottom.

Its no slight to McD, but I dont think he has a chance in this one. But I've been wrong before
    I guess I never thought of Esco as the best 125 off the bottom, but if he is, that makes TNick's riding that much more impressive. Esco has only escaped once in their three matches (that's the only point he ever scored against Troy) and I believe TNick had riding time in all three matches (but I don't remember their first match that clearly so I could be wrong).

McD has been impressive, but I think Esco wins a comfortable decision.
    Last edited by gobigred; 01-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.

It would be nice if you could get both Angel and T Nick on a mat when both of them are healthy. Wouldn't THAT be something?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    It would be nice if you could get both Angel and T Nick on a mat when both of them are healthy. Wouldn't THAT be something?
    T Nick will never be "healthy" again. Doesn't mean he won't be top level in performance but that shoulder is beyond complete restoration.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Angel.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    That would be a pipe dream.

Angel grinds out the 1st 2 periods but shows his dominance in the 3rd. McD will be lucky to get on TD on him.

Falck always gave Ecobedo a lot of trouble and I have been a lot more impressed with McD than Flack. I don't know that he will win but I think he is capable for sure.