Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 Iowa State v. #3 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #2 Iowa State v. #3 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Varner will kick the crap out of Gelogaev. Its a major or a pin. He'll blast double that kid all the way to the U.S.S.R. Gelogaev looked so exposed in that match with Lofthouse. Varner will get to his legs all day long.
    LOL...you are aware that the U.S.S.R. has been history for more than 18 years, right?

Quote Originally Posted by grapplefan View Post
    Frankly, I think your score is more likely than mine.
    The only difference between the two is 141 and I think Parks will beat Jensen even though Jensen has some nice wins this year. However I could go either way at 184. I think a healthy Clayton Foster will beat Jerome Ward. I picked Ward to win because of a combination of his vast improvements this year and Claytons obvious shoulder problems that were still evident last Saturday night in Iowa City.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I don't see a tech happening. Varner doesn't tech many people, and Gelogaev should be a formidable opponent for at least the first period. Even after that, he shouldn't be helpless unless he's trapped on bottom for 4 minutes. I could see a pin, but a tech?
    Given the gas tank issues with the Russian, (USSR as one board member says) I could see Varner with a fall late in the match. He's an absolute hammer on top and if you're weak on the bottom, he can make you his woman. I mean that figuratively of course.
    Lets go Brent!

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    The only difference between the two is 141 and I think Parks will beat Jensen even though Jensen has some nice wins this year. However I could go either way at 184. I think a healthy Clayton Foster will beat Jerome Ward. I picked Ward to win because of a combination of his vast improvements this year and Claytons obvious shoulder problems that were still evident last Saturday night in Iowa City.
    Oops I screwed that up. I fixed it. I had the score right, but the dec. wrong.
    Last edited by grapplefan; 01-20-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    varner doesnt care about beating people bad or scoring big points for his team..
    If this is in fact the case, the fact that he put up bonus points 20 times last year, and is on his way to doing the same thing this year means???

The Lofthouse match gave me pause. I've seen others where he just doesnt open up. He's probably the most gifted wrestler going right now but in my opinion he doesnt always score like he should.

I'll stand by my statement that he won't bonus but I'll recant that he doesn't score big points for his team.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SetonHallPirate View Post
    LOL...you are aware that the U.S.S.R. has been history for more than 18 years, right?
    Yes, I am aware. It was a bit of a joke, if only a small bit of one. The focus on Varner blast doubling him so hard it will take him back to the U.S.S.R. Okay, so I am no Jay Leno. (thats a good thing right?)
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Varner will kick the crap out of Gelogaev. Its a major or a pin. He'll blast double that kid all the way to the U.S.S.R. Gelogaev looked so exposed in that match with Lofthouse. Varner will get to his legs all day long.
    Varner and Z at 197 won't be a major or pin. Gelogaev is too well balanced from what I've seen for that to happen, and Varner is not aggressive enough to get points for a major. I look for a lot of shots from Z, a lot of defending from Varner, and likely some wild scrambles. Varner will win 'cause of superior mat skills, but I just don't see a major here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldShamrock View Post
    Varner and Z at 197 won't be a major or pin. Gelogaev is too well balanced from what I've seen for that to happen, and Varner is not aggressive enough to get points for a major. I look for a lot of shots from Z, a lot of defending from Varner, and likely some wild scrambles. Varner will win 'cause of superior mat skills, but I just don't see a major here.
    this is what i should have said.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.