Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Brown dec Jordan Burroughs 3-2

Default Re: Steve Brown dec Jordan Burroughs 3-2

Soon as I post that read that Husker Du from Openmat got directly from an assistant coach that he's done. Sucks sucks sucks:

http://forum.theopenmat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8501

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I think this loss will be good for Burroughs, snap him out of the funk he's in this year. He's been having too many close matches and it finally caught up to him.

Either that or it gives the other 157 pounders confidence, the "He's not a machine, he's a man!" effect ala Rocky IV
    Jorden Leen predicted this last year that Burroughs was going to have more close matches
    Last edited by NorthernRefrig; 12-20-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Soon as I post that read that Husker Du from Openmat got directly from an assistant coach that he's done. Sucks sucks sucks:

http://forum.theopenmat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8501
    Was just coming here to post this. Glad to hear that he qualifies for the hardship though and will be back.

This should throw 157 into absolute chaos come NCAA's.

I just read the recap of Nebraska's matches at their official website, and it offers no new updates/details about Burrough's situation.

Mark

wow. 157 could be won by around 5 different guys now and not really surprise me. This is wild stuff.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I don't think that the 'joke' about DS going on a diet is too far off of reality. Why not? His FS weight is between the two college weights. And before the season, there was speculation that he would go at 157 and Deitchler at 165.
    Interesting to see how this plays out.......
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

What's the best thing to jump start a slow start to a season? Cut 8 more pounds WOOO!!!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Sanderson and O'Connor's stock just jumped up...I feel for JB...thats just crushing...not exactly like Kish's situation in that they are very different injuries but you know if JB could be out there on one leg, he would try it. Let's just hope it heals well and he at some point takes the time away to heal as close to 100% as possible.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Steve Brown, your 2010 NCAA champ at 157
    Gold is an idiot.