Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota v. Nebraska Results/Discussion

Default Re: Minnesota v. Nebraska Results/Discussion

Schlatter wins 8-3 with rT
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

I want to know that trick on how you can be up 4-2, then get your opponent down to 1 and you gain one. That would come in handy in a close match. Is it really this painful watching Dustin as it sounds? I am starting to believe the blogs now on just how incredibly average he may be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8yDavM1Jc
    you tell me. I refuse to watch this

Scott Glasser v. Stephen Dwyer

1st Period: Glasser wearing the Kish shoulder harness...Dwyer in on a low single trying to come up from between the legs, little scramble and he stays on the legs and picks up the TD...2-0 Dwyer. Glasser working and moving well from the bottom but Dwyer doing a great job staying under the arms and following around behind. Glasser's pace from the bottom slowing down, Dwyer still riding hard. Dwyer puts a leg back in and cross faces Glasser over for 2 NF at the buzzer. Dwyer ends the period up 4-0

2nd Period: Dwyer starts down...tripods up and out without much resistance from Glasser. 5-0 Dwyer. Dwyer with a snap, tries a front head but Glasser spins with him to not give it up. High crotch attempt by Dwyer but Glasser blocking him off now...shot by Glasser, Dwyer using the long arms to block off, redirect and then drop in on a reshot single on the edge but they go out with Dwyer still leading 5-0. Glasser in on a shot, has the angle and cuts the corner behind but couldn't set Dwyer down to a hip so he doesn't get the TD...Dwyer works square and trying to spin behind but it gets stalemated (rather quickly in my opinion)...J Rob out to the table to argue not giving the TD...kind of a snap down, kind of a bad shot by Glasser but he stays with it to not give up the go behind as the period ends 5-0.

3rd Period: Glasser starts down...Dwyer breaks him flat and now trying to work legs in. Stalemated with 1:32 to go...Dwyer now trying to go bent leg turk...and its called PD. Dwyer cuts off the restart...5-1 Dwyer. Glasser pops up Dwyer's arm and drops in on a low single and he picks the TD up on the edge...5-3 Dwyer, Glasser cuts off the restart to make it 6-3...rushed shot by Glasser as Dwyer blocks him off and comes in on a reshot but they're out again with :15 to go. Glasser in on a shot for a second off the restart, but Dwyer sprawls and spins behind for an insurance TD. Adds riding time to end it.

Stephen Dwyer dec Scott Glasser 9-3

Minnesota 28 Nebraska 14

SChlatter did not look good at all. He would have teched this guy three years ago, I've gone from predicting him for NC to hoping he AAs in a stacked weight.

Glasser gave Dwyer a match but its clear who has progressed more since their battles two years ago... Its a real shame Glasser has had the injury problems he has, because he was a guy who was neck and neck with Dwyer the year he AAed. I could easily see him as an AA or AA contender this year if he hadnt blown out his knee, shoulder, and just about everything else.

Nord does not belong at 197, he needs to start eating some food and get back to a natural weight.

Sanders/Ness are Machines. Thorn is looks amazing against lower tier guys and keeps it close with the good ones, but I'm still waiting for that marquee win (and dont you dare say Jeff Jaggers..)

Big Ben is... still Big Ben. Still wrestles the same kind of sloppy agressive in your face style, which can work to his advantage sometimes but also frequently works against him as he gives up sloppy tds. I felt like he was due tonight and I was right, we'll see if he can keep winning the big ones consistently though.

Yohn looked bad... he has one of the slowest shots I've ever seen, and his leg defense is pretty lacking. He has legit top skills and some good greco moves, but I think this match and his match with Foster have exposed some problems in his game.
    Gold is an idiot.

Schlatter's seeming loss of his ability to turn from the top position has been the most baffling part (and in my opinion by far the most ignored part) of watching him over the last several years for me.

People talk about him only getting one TD per match, but back in the day when he was everyone's favorite guy in the world he still only got one or maybe two TD's per match.

The difference has been back then after he got that TD he'd secure a wrist and then just cheap tilt guys to death.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8yDavM1Jc
    you tell me. I refuse to watch this
    THAT was brutal to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    The difference has been back then after he got that TD he'd secure a wrist and then just cheap tilt guys to death.
    Ive havent compared tape from year to year but it would definitely be an easy thing to coach against. Do kids seem to avoid the position more or is he just not looking to score after takedown?

He's seemed to have real trouble just getting and securing wrists so it may be scouting, I can't imagine that it is something that he would just somehow lose the ability to do.

This has been a recurring thing for the last couple of years and as I said in my last post in my opinion is the real reason why he's stopped scoring as many points as he used to.