Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: #4 Minnesota v. #5 Oklahoma State Predictions/Discussion

If Minny trots out the line up they used against CSB they are hit .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    If Minny trots out the line up they used against CSB they are hit .
    J Rob said in a Star Tribune article that he expects at least 3 of the 4 starters who missed the CSB match to be back. I would assume he means Mason, Schlatter, and Glasser.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

If Erisman can get his tilts going, not having Deitchler in there would really start to hurt.

149-65
    Terry wbd Mason
    Erisman -if Jake, toss up-if Grylko-major or tech
    Meade has wrestled 2 guys I have ever heard of -Toal and DeBerry -yet he wins if DS does not show .
    174 -James may finally be living up to his expectations after tonight's show against a talented young Mcneil .
    I really thought Minn. would walk over these guys -now ??
    I'd guess w/out jake the 7-8 point shift will give OSU the match
    On the brighter side -coach Blubaugh used to always say Russians were the worse conditioned wrestlers in the world and he wrestled them at the height of the cold war -and BEAT them-so if Nord can take this guy into the third with something left in the tank he-Googoo-is beatable . He should have been DSQ'd against Lapotsky -4:45 RT ?? And that is with the clock turned off for a good deal of time .

The russian's lack of a gas tank and his results this year, leads me to believe that if he can't pin you quickly, then he will either get beat or wind up with merely a decision. So, we'll see how he does against Minnesota as far as a mdec or tech goes. Oliver's conditioning didn't look great either, so we'll see how he holds up against Ness late into the match.

Remember that I predicted a Ness MDEC.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I still don't know if I'd pick a major for Ness but after hearing how sluggish JO looked last night I'm starting to feel much better about my sig bet with Grips.

Sanders v. Notte on the other hand, I'm starting to see major as a possibility.

When Oliver gets that hammer on top of him, he's going OVER. If I had any balls, I'd call the stick.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I think last night showed how much we base our decisions by silly rankings -Oliver beat Ashmore 4-2 SV-and we all talked about how small a 33 ashmore would be if he lost his wrestle off to robles / Notte cuts some weight and beats up on some unknowns and Patterson turns the tables on him /We have all heard about the killer russian at 97 and apparently all he did was eat mat for 5 minutes .
    What is so bad is THAT -the rankings and rumors -is all we have to base preseason picks on .Who thinks the russian kid is still a top 5 ? I wish we had better info to go on but ....as long as wrestling is treated as a minor sport this is all we will get .
    I live in Indiana so I am used to it -Escobedo got 2 sentences when he won the NCAA's , but I can tell you what jordan Hull's favorite color is and he is a third string point guard -we need a press agent quickly .Or it is just gonna be us die hard fans left .